Chapter 6

As Naofumi and V made their way to the merchant, "Buy these off me" Naofumi commanded. 

"It's 20 in total," V said. Holding her sword close.

"How about one copper for the whole lot?"  V and Naofumi glared. 

"Didn't you buy them at two for one copper for the him?" Naofumi asked.

"Did I now?" He looked away, smiling. 

V grabbed the man's shirt, "Listen. You might not know who I am but I could report you for doing this---"

"V," V looked at her leader then let the merchant go. Naofumi then took hold of the merchent, "How about these? Maybe these will sell for more?" he lifted his cape to reveal to the merchant a few balloon monsters attached to his side. "They're fresh after all."

A scream was heard, Naofumi placed the merchant's head into his cape that was hiding the monsters. "No! Stop! Let me go! Let me go!"

"We won't ask for a better rate but give us the same rate you gave him. That's all," Naofumi said. "Or is there a reason you won't buy them off me?" The man's head kept on struggling inside Naofumi's cape.

"F-Fine, I'll do that! I'll do it, so let me go!" The man said.

Naofumi let's him go from his cape but still holding on to his shirt, "So we've got ourselves a deal.  If you don't over charge us, we'll keep coming back." The balloon monsters let go and landed on the floor, V picked them up and killed them. "Then maybe I'll give you a better rate than normal."

"Sir Naofumi, we've got now 28 balloon carcass'" V said handing him the extra 8 she got.

"F-fine! I'd rather refuse, but money and materials can do no wrong." The man said, Naofumi let him go letting his shirt free. He gave the right amount of copper coins to them.

"And spread the rumors about me. Any merchant who tries to rip me off will have to deal with her," He points to V who was looking at the sky.

"I was going to do that anyway."

"We're going to do a lot of business together," Naofumi said turning around and waving.

"Just hold on a minute girl," The man said. "You used to be the General of the this Kingdom's strongest knights."

"That's right. I USED to be." She said leaving with Naofumi.

.

Naofumi and V walked around town, stopping to stare at a shop then continuing on their way. 

The blacksmith, Erhard, was clearing some stuff when he saw some copper coins on his front desk.

V had just finished setting up a tent, though it may seem inappropriate for them to sleep in the same tent for them after what had happened in the castle. V had volunteered to sleep outside but Naofumi declined it as it was her tent.

.

The next morning, they were walking around the forest when they some plants that looked the same from the shop. V picked a leaf from it and handed it to her leader, he took the leaf from her then let his shield absorb it. 'A new shield has been unlocked'.

"If I use it enough, the abilities stay active when I change my shield?" He straightened his arm that has the shield, closing his eyes. "Leaf shield." The shield glowed green then changing itself to a shape of a leaf with the gem still being in the middle. "This really is like a game." He kneeled down to pick another one when his shield glowed once again, "Material Quality Improvement!" He showed a small smile. "V tell me more about this world could you? And help me with collecting these?"