Chapter 8

Raphtalia stood up despite the small pain, getting her knife out, running towards the balloon monster with the knife in hand and tried stabbing it but the balloon monster bit it then knocked her back. "Too weak!" Naofumi said, "Stab it harder!" She flinched before doing it again and killing it. Her EXP went up by 15 points, "I got points too?"

"Did the bitch join your party on the first day?" He shook his head, Vanda sighed. "People who are in your party shares EXP. You didn't get any seeing she didn't join the party." She said while kneeling down near the raccoon girl.

"That girl..." He snarled, "Listen up, from now on Vanda will be your mentor and I am going to order you two to fight monsters for me. I spent all I had on you." He looked at Raphtalia, "You will work at least what I paid."

"Like I will listen to what you say if you keep this up," V rolled her eyes.

"Kid, keep that up, and you're gonna die in a ditch," Erhard said.

"Thank you for the kind compliment," Naofumi turned around walking towards the door, "What are you doing you two? Get up. Let's go."

"Y-yes!" Raphtalia run out following her owner. V stayed in place, sighing about her leader.

"Why are you still with him?" Erhard asked, "He's no longer the man from when he first came to this world."

"I know," She got up slowly. "I mean isn't that what happened to me when I got here?" She grinned. "It's funny though to see that he will be the one to save this place," She said leaving the shop.

V had caught up to them. Naofumi looked at the coins he had left on his hand, "I have 3 silver coins left." He closed his hands gripping it.

"Move them! Faster!" Someone shouted. Naofumi looked to see a bald man shouting at slaves carrying goods, he then looked at V who was about to pull out her sword but now that she had lost her job as someone who had big influence on those type of people she no longer had the power to arrest them. She could only give warnings to them now but as if those warnings would do a thing. "Quick slacking! You trash!" The slave tripped causing the goods to land on the ground, "What have you done! You stupid trash!"

V went forward to the man who was about to hit the poor child, "Don't touch him." She said before giving a hard slap. She went back to where Naofumi and Raphtalia was, "What? You thought I will kill him?"

Raphtalia's tummy then rumbled, "Are you hungry?" Raphtalia shook her head.

"You can't fight or train on a empty stomach," V smiled. "Why don't I cook something up for us?" She looked up on Naofumi.

He didn't say anything but was a bit thankful not going to have to spend any more coins. They made their way out of the city to head to a nearby river to catch some fish for food.

Word Count:553

Sorry if it's short, I've been finding time to finish this chapter but no luck with all activities and exams that is less than 4 days away.

Date: October 13, 2023