Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Framed

After buying Myne's equipment and a slightly better armor for the Shield Hero with a better design with the money that V left, they went off to get some dinner at a fancy restaurant with the use of their own money. "This is good!" Naofumi complimented the food. "The food at the castle was pretty good, but this is we all want from another world."

"Take your time and savor the food," Myne said. "It's too bad that V didn't want to come and have dinner with us."

Naofumi then brought out a map, "We fought monsters in these fields today, right?" He points at the map. Myne nodded, "V said that we should go further to a place called Lafan village, right?"

"Yes," She smiled. "That is because there is a dungeon for beginners beyond that village."

"A dungeon?"

"I don't expect to acquire much in materials but it should be a good place to level-up, Hero." Myne said.

"I see," He put his hand under his chin.

"I have my new equipment, and your defense rating, it should be easy." She clapped her hand.

Naofumi thanked her, "Thanks, I understand now."

"Don't mention it." She said, "By the Way, Hero." Lifting her wine glass, "Won't you drink some of the wine?"

Naofumi looked at her holding the wine glass, "Oh, no, I'm not big on alcohol." He refused.

"Oh, really?" She put on a sad face, "It's quite good." She took a sip, drinking the all the wine that was in her glass. "I'd love to drink it with you, Hero." She pushed her glass to bump into the Hero's wine glass.

Naofumi blushed, Shoot, suddenly she looks really sexy... but. He shook his head a little bit, "Sorry, I don't drink."

"Really? Well, that's too bad," She pouted but smiled. "But I should have expected as much from a Hero."

"What do you mean?" Naofumi asked.

"This country is a matriarchal society," She explained. "No man would ever refuse a woman's wine."

"Oh, is that how it is. I'm slow with these type of things." He looked at two girls at another table receiving a glass of wine from the waiter before looking back at Myne.

"There's no shame in that," Myne laughed a bit.

"Thanks for helping me figure out what to do tomorrow." Naofumi rubbed the back of his head. "I was thinking of turning in early tonight. Is that okay?"

"Of coarse. I will drink a little more before I turn in," Myne said. "Even if it's a little lonely drinking alone."

After saying goodnight, Naofumi was about to leave the restaurant, he was surprised by V leaning at the door frame. "So, is this where my little donation went?"

"V!" Jumped back, "What are you doing here? I thought you were busy to join us."

"I wanted to see what you guys were up to. It's a good thing you refused the offer." She did a little a grin.

"Huh?" He looked at V suspiciously before shaking his head, "To answer your question. No. We didn't use the money you left for us for dinner."

"I know."