Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Let's go!

The gates opened after the meeting. Naofumi threw his bag of coins into the air and caught it, the girl that joined his party and General V were following him. "See you, Naofumi!" Motoyasu said. "Be sure to protect them with all your might!"

"We can't help you but good luck finding new members to join your party" Itsuki said.

The three heroes went ahead and left the Shield Hero alone with his two party members. "U...Umm... Mr. Shield Hero, my name is Myne Suphia." The girl introduced herself, "All the best on your adventure."

"I'm Iwatani Naofumi," He introduced himself.

"It's nice to meet you," She took Naofumi's hand in to hers. The General just gave a glare to the two.

"You two are wasting daylight with your talking," V said. "We need to get 'Myne' a better weapon and armor."

"Heh? What about me?" Naofumi asked, "Don't I also need a weapon?"

"The Cardinal Heroes cannot wield another weapon other than their own. So we need to get you better armor for yourself. Myne will attack for you while you protect."

"Then what would you do then?"

"Standby and watch."

.

.

.

"Allow me to show you around the town!" Myne said.

"I saw glimpses of this yesterday," Naofumi said. "But looking up close it definitely screams 'other world'."

They walked through the market, "Hero. What do you intend to do now?" Myne asked.

"Well... let's see..." He looked at V, "Hey, General."

"What?" She looked at him.

"Do you know a place to get weapons and armor?" He asked.

"So now you want to go and get those," She sighed. "Of course, I know where to get those things. C'mon let's go see if the blacksmith's shop is open."

"The General must know a lot of blacksmiths. She'll bring us to the best place that makes the best equipment! With her and the money we can buy the good quality ones."

"The money that we were given won't be enough for where I got my armor and weapons. It's best to start with something cheap but with great quality. So we are going to where I got my first weapons." V said. "We are also not using MY money." She added.

"Oh! I think I might know where she's talking about!" She said running.

"O-okay, then lead the way," Naofumi said. How cute.... he thought.

They make their way to the blacksmith. "This is the place you're talking about right V?"

V just rolled her eyes. They walked in, Naofumi and Myne looked around while V made her to the front desk to talk to the blacksmith. "Welcome!" The blacksmith said, "Oh! It's nice to see my old protégé. What brings you here?" 

"It's nice to see you again, teacher." She bowed, "I brought my party mates her to buy some gear." She moved to her side to show them, "You might recognize him."

"Ah! The shield hero! W-welcome!" He said. "You've got a good guide with you. She knows where to get the best stuff." He nudged her. "Wait... Have I seen you before miss?" He asked Myne.

"I've come here before. Your shop is famous you know?"

"You sure know how to flatter a man!" He said, "It's probably because of this girl here!" He puts around her neck and starts rubbing her hair. "My name is Erhard."