Chapter 17

Naofumi and Raphtalia made a stop at a Store that sells mostly herbs but some small potions and materials. "My relatives in Lute Village asked me to help the Shield Hero out," The Shop keeper placed a book on the counter.

"They must have been the people we saved," Raphtalia whispered.

Naofumi was surprised, "Maybe."

"It has recipes for higher quality potions than the ones you make," The shop keeper said. "You can have it, I hope you find it useful."

"I can't read this world's language..." He looked through some of the pages.

"Oh, right. The magic shop lady wanted you to drop by too," He told them. "She said you saved her grandkids in the village."

They stopped by the Magic shop as they were told, "It appears you have the affinity for healing and support magic, Shield Hero. The young lady has it for light and darkness magic." The owner told them, "She is a raccoon girl after all. I'd recommend learning illusion spells. Which means you'll want..." She left the counter for a second to grab a book.

"We can't afford to buy a magic grimoire..." Naofumi said.

"This is for saving my grandchildren the other day. I'd like to give you the crystal ball as well but..." They looked at the crystal ball, "Do you know about them? If you use one, you can learn one of the spells sealed within."

"First I've heard of that."

"That's because you haven't seen one and it's mostly known to people like her." V was behind them.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"When you entered the store." Naofumi wasn't at all surprised by her at this.

"And well, I thought that I heard they had ordered a few of them for you heroes."

"They were most likely given to the other heroes but not him."

The shop lady smiled, "Learning from a grimoire can be difficult but with enough effort you can learn quite a few good spells."

"Thank you," They all said.

As they were about to leave, the shop lady told Naofumi to stay for a second. "What is it?"

"The girl that was just with you, be careful around her."

.

They made it to the mountains, Naofumi trying to read them, "I can't read any of them. If only there was a skill that would translate it for me."

"Let's learn it together," Raphtalia hugged him. "With V's help that is."

She turned to them, "Huh why me?"

"You know more about this world than I do and well Raphtalia couldn't learn much from me," Naofumi admitted. "There's over a month until the next wave. There isn't much we can do." He got up, "Let's stay at Lute Village tonight. We can go levelling after breakfast tomorrow."

"Yes!"

.

It was early in the morning, "Raphtalia! V!" Naofumi called the two. "Look," The egg was cracking.

A shell fell off, "Hmm..?" A bird came out of the shell.

It chirped and flew up to sit on Naofumi's head, "It's very cute, Master Naofumi. It must think that it's your father master Naofumi." The filolial was making his hair like it's nest.

"That imprinting thing right?"

"I uh she's very cute," V looked away. "You must be hungry," She filled her hand with some food.