A Million Dreams - Quiglet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As 16-year-old Violet Baudelaire and her beautiful cartographer boyfriend, Quigley Quagmire, sat on the shores of Briny Beach one summer afternoon, Violet couldn't help but feel a pang of emptiness in her heart, and she didn't know why she was feeling this way. So, to help get rid of some of these depressing thoughts, she decided to tell Quigley how she was feeling. "Hey, Quigley. Can I ask you something?" she asked sullenly, finding herself getting lost in his eyes. "Sure, Vi. What's up?" he asked worriedly as he picked up a small rock and tossed it into the water. "When you were presumed dead, were there ever times you missed Isadora and Duncan and just wished you could've reunited with them sooner?" she asked as she leaned her head on his shoulder. Quigley just snorted. "Of course I did!!! I missed them the whole entire time. But, if I didn't get separated from them, I wouldn't have met you, now would I?" he asked, letting out a soft chuckle and then frowned when he saw her empty, hollow expression on her face. "Why? What's wrong?" he asked, his face softening up almost instantly.

Violet just sighed defeatedly. "I don't know. It's just that, lately, I've been feeling really empty inside. And I don't know why. I mean, I have everything I could ever want. You're my lovely boyfriend, Klaus and Izzie are absolutely smitten with each other, Duncan's recently taken up a summer internship with The Daily Punctilio, and we're all living with Justice Strauss until we have to go back to Prufrock Prep in September since we "need to finish our education there since we were already enrolled students", according to Mr. Poe. God, I can't wait until we finally get our fortune. I mean, that simpleton was of absolutely no help to us at all whatsoever, and once I come of age, I'm cutting all contact with him. Mark my words." she declared, raising her fist in the air for good measure, before she sighed again. "And yet, I feel like I'm missing something important, and I don't even know what it is." she said sullenly, turning her head to look away from Quigley, who just shook his head and sighed. "Violet, listen to me. While I don't know what it is you feel like you're missing, I do know this:You and I love each other very much and as long as we have one another, I just know that the future won't be so bad." he said calmly, doing his best to reassure her. Violet just huffed in annoyance and turned to look at him again. "How can you be so sure?" she asked worriedly.

" I close my eyes and I can see

The world that's waiting up for me

That I call my own

Through the dark, through the door

Through where no one's been before

But it feels like home "

Violet just smiled. Whenever Quigley sang this song to her, she felt all of her worries, fears and doubts just melt away like ice cream on a hot summer's day. Just another reason she loved him so damn much.

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy

They can say, they can say I've lost my mind

I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy

We can live in a world that we design"

And with that, Violet and Quigley got up off the shore of the beach and started to walk back into the city.

"'Cause every night I lie in bed,

the brightest colors fill my head

A million dreams are keeping me awake

I think of what the world could be