Enchanted - Duncalita

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yes, ladies and gents. You read the title right. And, yes, I do ship Duncan x Carmelita(thanks @dogsandcats009 for the inspo!!!). If this isn't your cup of bitter as wormwood and sharp as a two-edged sword tea, then look away now. You've been warned!!!

(Loosely inspired by @ShwahGamer's book, Prufrock's First Dance) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If there was one thing that Duncan Quagmire was certain of(other than the fact that he and Isadora were both really happy to be reunited with both the Baudelaires and Quigley), it was that he absolutely loved parties. Whether it was a fancy garden party hosted by his parents or one of his, Isadora and Quigley's birthday parties, he was always down for having a good time.

 Which is why when Vice Principal Nero(whose nightly mandatory violin recitals had thankfully been shortened down to two-and-a-half hours by order of the Prufrock Board of Directors)had announced rather unexpectedly that Prufrock would be holding a dance one night, he quickly jumped at the occasion to finally get a chance to show off his sick moves on the dance floor.

Right now, he was in the dorm he shared with Quigley and Klaus was currently gelling and styling his hair and had adjusted his dark gray tux and black tie as he looked at himself in the mirror. "So, do you think they're gonna play any slow songs?" asked Quigley curiously as he sprayed on some cologne and combed his hair. Klaus shrugged. "How should I know? Besides, if we're lucky, Nero won't barge in and try to play some dancing music on his violin." he said with a nervous shudder as he finished tying his shoes. "Anyways, I gotta go. Izzie's gonna wig out if I don't go pick her up soon. See you guys later." he said quickly as he left the dorm, leaving the two Quagmire boys alone.

"So, lemme guess: Did you only pick out a dark violet shirt so you could woo Violet?" asked Duncan teasingly as he looked at Quigley's appearance. His normally shaggy and unkempt hair had been combed down, and with a little bit of gel, had been spiked in the front and he was wearing a black tux and matching bow tie over a dark violet button-up shirt with stripes on it and black dress pants and dark gray dress shoes. Meanwhile, Duncan was wearing a dark gray tux and black tie over a light blue button-up shirt and was wearing black dress pants and brown high-tops. And both boys thought they looked the best.

Quigley chuckled. "Am I really that obvious?" he asked in mock disbelief as he looked at himself in the mirror one more time before he grabbed some roses out of a nearby vase. Duncan sighed wearily. "Yes. Yes, you are. Now, come on. Your very lovely girl is probably where you're at." he said teasingly as he ruffled his brother's hair and then took off running down the hall. "Hey! Duncan! Do you know how long it took me to style my hair like this?!" he yelled as he quickly started to follow him. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Almost two hours later and everyone was just enjoying themselves and the music. Violet was wearing a strapped midnight blue dress that went slightly past her knees and was currently waltzing with Quigley, who had pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek. And off to the corner by the snack table, Klaus, who had stuck with a simple traditional black three-piece suit with a dark, wine red tie, was talking to Izzie, who was wearing a light red strapped dress with shoulder length sleeves that went down to her knees, as they sipped on the fruit punch and just enjoyed each other's company.

Duncan meanwhile had been quite a big hit throughout the evening with his dancing. He had danced both by himself and with quite a few ladies. However, after a few hours, he was perfectly content with letting someone else take the dance floor as he moved away from the crowds and stood off towards a corner. However, that was when he noticed her.