Back To You - Kladora

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Requested by dogsandcats009 I hope you enjoy this!!! Your Quiglet and Kladora book is incredible and I want nothing more than to make you proud. (Also, sorry about the cheesy title. It was all I could come up with)

Also, this is a bit of a long one, so you might wanna get comfortable with some snacks and a drink. Don't say I didn't warn you. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Klaus Baudelaire was a creature of habit. Every day he woke up at 7:00am sharp, had either a bowl of oatmeal or a plate of eggs and bacon with toast for breakfast, and then from 9 to 5 every Monday to Friday, he worked at the local high school as the head librarian. And then, in the evenings and on Saturdays and Sundays, he would spend time with his sisters Violet, Sunny and Beatrice. And while it wasn't the most exciting life a guy could have, it was enough for Klaus, who felt perfectly content with the mundanity and slowness of his life.

However, he couldn't help but feel like something was missing. Or, more accurately, someone. It had been almost twelve years since he had been forced to say goodbye to his one and only true love, Isadora Quagmire, on the outskirts of the Village of Fowl Devotees as she and her triplet brother(and Violet's crush)Duncan continued to float away in the Self-Sustaining Hot Air Mobile Home and there hadn't been a single day since he didn't think of her. He missed her terribly and wanted nothing more than to reunite with her. Ever since that fateful day, he promised himself that he'd wait for her, no matter how long it took.

One Saturday morning, Klaus woke up in his bedroom and after a quick hot shower, he went downstairs to the kitchen in the large, Victorian-era mansion that he lived in with his sisters and found Sunny cooking breakfast, Violet sitting at the table and reading The Daily Punctilio and Beatrice drawing a picture. "Mmm, those pancakes are smelling good, Sunny!!!" he said cheerfully as he poured himself a cup of coffee. Sunny nodded her head in approval. "Thanks, Klaus. I think these might be my best ones yet!!!" she exclaimed happily as she set some freshly hot pancakes on a large plate. "Enjoy, family." Beatrice licked her lips in anticipation. "Ooh, don't mind if I do." she said giddily as she added way too much syrup to her pancakes. "Hey, save some for the rest of us." scolded Violet playfully as she took some pancakes for herself. "So, what did you guys wanna do today?" asked Klaus curiously as he continued to sip on his coffee.

Violet shrugged. "Well, I was hopefully wanting to---" she began before she was cut off by her phone ringing. "Hello. Wait, slow down, Madison. What happened?! You did evacuate the building, right? I'm on my way." she said disappointedly as she hung up the phone and stood up. "What's wrong?" asked Sunny worriedly as she started to clear the table. Violet sighed angrily as she got her coat on. "Apparently, someone at the office was messing around with the printing press and caused it to overheat, which caused a fire to break out. And because I'm the one who made the printing press, I'm the only one who can try to fix it. I've gotta go."

Beatrice gasped in shock. "But, Violet, you promised me you take me to the bookstore to get the newest Luckiest Kids in the World book today." she said sadly. Violet just pulled her adoptive daughter into a small hug to comfort her. "I'm sorry, Bea. But I need to fix this issue immediately, or else a lotta people are gonna be out of a job." she said softly before she snapped her fingers. "I know! Klaus could take you." Klaus perked up at the mention of his name and nodded his head. "I'd be happy to take you, Bea. Plus, I could use a few more books for my study anyways." he said, flashing the twelve-year-old a soft smile. Beatrice turned to look at him. "Really?" "Of course. It's been forever since we've got to spend time together, anyways." he said nonchalantly as he stood up and went to get his own coat on. "And I need some more cookbooks myself." Sunny piped up as she put the broom away in the closet.