Sad Songs In A Hotel Room - Kladora

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Today was a not Very Fun Day for the Baudelaire orphans. First, they were taken to The Last Safe Place of VFD known as the Hotel Denouement by a pregnant woman named Kit Snicket in order to be flaneurs in disguise as concierge and find out the identity of the mysterious J.S. who was gathering all of VFD at the hotel before Thursday, then they found out that Carmelita Spats and Esme Squalor intended to shoot down the crow that was carrying the sugar bowl to the hotel with a harpoon gun so that way the sugar bowl would fall down a laundry vent outside the fifth floor and land in the laundry room and then finally, they discovered the identity of J.S. was none other than Justice Strauss before they found out that the real Last Safe Place was the secret underground library belonging to Dewey Denouement, Kit's husband, which was hidden beneath the pond outside the hotel before they inadvertently shot Dewey with the harpoon gun and were then locked up in a hotel room before the trial tomorrow morning.

I told you today hadn't been a Very Fun Day.

Anyways, it was now a little past midnight and Violet and Sunny had left the room to go talk to Justice Strauss, leaving Klaus alone as he continued to toss and turn on one of the beds and failed to go to sleep. He and his sisters had been through so much already, and it was really starting to take a toll on all of them.

 Sighing deeply, he sat up in bed and decided to turn on the bedside radio to help him try to calm down and ease his nerves about the trial. After a few minutes of listening to music, he found himself considerably more calmer and relaxed than he was a few minutes earlier and his mind began to wander and before long, he was thinking about Isadora and how much he missed the beautiful poet and wanted to be with her again right as another song began to play on the radio.

"I'm wearing the robe

The same ones we left on the hotel floor

Just one year ago

'Do not disturb' hanging on the door "

"How the hell we end up where we did?

Don't you think it's messed up, it all went to shit

It's kinda depressing being here alone

I miss you so I pick up the phone "

"And I order room service for one

Champagne mini-bar bottles are done

I've got a balcony room with a view

Velvet curtains are closed

I'm singing Sad Songs In A Hotel Room, ooh

Where I once held you

I'm singing Sad Songs In A Hotel Room, hmmm "

Klaus sat up as he listened to the lyrics of the song and the mournful voice of the singer. Even though he had never heard this song before now, he felt like it related to his and his sisters' misfortune, both literally and figuratively.

"The neighbors are knocking, they just wanna sleep

It's 3 am while my guitar gently weeps

I flip through these old magazines

Dream destinations we'd promised we see, oh-oh-oh "