Back To December - Kliona/Kladora

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- She was on a shore leave when it happened. 27-year-old Fiona Widdershins, and her brother Fernald, had been running low on supplies for the large octopus submarine that they called home, and so earlier this morning, they had arrived at Briny Beach, and while Fernald had gone off to find ingredients to make pasta puttanesca, laundry detergent, and mouse traps, Fiona had taken a taxi to a local cafe her mother had been quite fond of when she was younger, and was currently sitting out on the patio and sipping on her coffee as she waited for her blue cheese omelette to arrive, when he she saw him.

Klaus Baudelaire.

During the brief time he and his sisters had spent on board her family's original submarine, the Queequeg, she had fallen for the charming and intelligent researcher hook, line, and sinker(if you'll excuse my use of a pun that most fishermen and submarine captains find to be offensive to their ocean-faring lifestyle).

But after she had learned that Fernald had joined up with Count Olaf, she made the choice to betray the Baudelaires to be reunited with her brother, which came at the price of breaking Klaus' heart, which was a choice she had seriously come to regret following her and Fernald's second betrayal of Count Olaf, and their long-awaited reunion with their missing stepfather. She desperately wanted nothing more than for Klaus to forgive her too, even though she knew that was most likely not going to happen, no matter how much she might have wanted it too.

Suddenly, before she could stop to think about what she was doing, Fiona found herself getting up and walking over to where Klaus was sitting, and saw him sitting with a brunette-haired woman who was writing something in a black commonplace notebook that made him smile, but when he saw her walking towards him, his smile slowly disappeared as his face fell.

"Klaus, who is this?" asked the girl in confusion as she held his hand to comfort him.

He sighed deeply as he attempted to fight back against an onslaught of tears that were threatening to fall down his face. "Isadora, this is Fiona Widdershins. Fiona, this is my wife, Isadora."

Fiona felt her heart slightly break as she looked at the woman who was his wife, and mentally noted this piece of information as proof that he had moved on from her as she shook the woman's hand. "Pleased to meet you, Miss Widdershins."

She nodded curtly. "Likewise, Mrs. Baudelaire. If it's alright with you, may I have a moment to speak with your husband alone? There's a few things I've been meaning to get off my chest and tell him for quite some time now," she said as she folded her hands behind her back.

Isadora looked a little worried as considered her question, but after seeing Klaus subtly nod his head to indicate to her that he would be okay by himself, she eased up just a little bit and shrugged. "Alright, I guess. I need to go to the bathroom, anyways. Little Oliver has been somewhat jumpy lately," she said with a soft chuckle as she stood up and Fiona could see that Isadora's belly had a slight but definite curve, as happens when woman are expecting children, and she walked off towards the cafe, leaving her alone with Klaus.

"Well, I'm here now. What do you want?" he asked bitterly, and struggled to keep it together. Despite what Kit had told him and some help from Violet, Sunny, and Isadora, he just hadn't been able to forgive her for breaking his heart all those years ago, although getting back together with Isadora and marrying her almost three years earlier did help him move on just a little bit and not let his heartbreak get the better of him.

Fiona sighed deeply as she nervously fiddled with the hem of her skirt. "I just wanted to properly apologize. That's all," she said slowly as she watched his reaction, and saw him raise one of his eyebrows in surprise.