Saying Goodbye is the Hardest - Quiglet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Warning: Major character death ahead!!!! If you don't want to go to bed with tears in your eyes, I highly suggest that you close Wattpad entirely and then shut down your computer and curl up with a more heartwarming and appropriate book, such as A Pony Party, instead of scrolling down below to read this manuscript and getting hit in the feels when you should be getting ready for bed and brushing your teeth and getting into your pajamas and, if you are a small child in between the ages of 3 to 6 years old, getting a kiss goodnight from either your mother or father.

If you're still here, don't say I didn't warn you. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Violet sat in shock. Doctors and nurses all alike moved around her as she thought about what she just heard.

He was gone. Just like that.

A single tear rolled down her face. Everything seemed to be moving in slow-motion as she thought about how she had kissed him goodbye as he left for work this morning and now, she was sitting here alone in a cold hospital waiting room, knowing very well he wouldn't be coming home with her. "How could this have even happened? " was the only thing that was on her mind.

"Violet?!"

The beautiful inventor looked up and saw the figure coming around the corner, breaking down when she saw it was his identical triplet brother and sister. "Oh, Duncan. Isadora. I'm so sorry. He's gone. For real this time." she said quietly as she walked into their arms and was wrapped into a giant hug as they both mourned the loss of their beloved cartographer. "What happened?" asked Isadora after they had pulled away to go sit down.

Violet sniffled a little before she spoke. "He was on his way home from work so we could go out and celebrate our engagement. It had been almost an hour before I'd gotten a call from the hospital saying that he was in an accident and his car had been t-boned and the driver just took off. I got here as fast as I could. I only got to see him for about a minute, and he told me he loved me and then, his eyes closed and it all went to hell. Everything started beeping and then the doctors kicked me out. I was told he was gone not even five minutes ago."

Neither triplet said anything once Violet finished speaking. They just sat in silence for a while until the doctor came to address them. No one spoke until the doctor asked what she wanted to do with him. "I want to see him." Violet said resolutely, wiping away a few stray tears as she stood up. Duncan and Isadora shared a glance with each other before they both tried to speak. "Um, Violet, I don't think----" "No, I need to see him."

The doctor nodded solemnly before she led Violet back to the room where there was a bed with a white sheet on it that was pulled back to reveal her boyfriend----no, fiance. Violet walked carefully and slowly as she gently pulled the sheet down a little further and a few more gentle sobs escaped her lips as she felt his cheek. He was still warm.

"Goddammit, Quigley!!! Why?! You promised me you'd never leave me. We had plans!!!!! We were gonna get married and start a family!!!! Damn it, Quiggles!!!! Why the hell did you leave me?!?!" she screamed as she held onto what was left of his bloody t-shirt and buried her head into the crook of his neck. Some small part of her hoped that he would wake up and calm her down. Instead, it was her younger brother and sister, Klaus and Sunny, who came to get her.

"Violet, it's time to go home." said Klaus quietly.

Home.

Home was the large mansion out in the country she and Quigley had been sharing since they graduated high school. "I can't go back home. Not yet. There's too many memories." she said quietly, shaking her head. "Alright, then. You're coming home with me."