Chapter Four

At Starbucks, Grantaire told his two friends all about his meeting with Enjolras whilst they sipped their drinks.

"He so likes you." Eponine said when Grantaire was finished.

"Really?" Grantaire raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. He asked you out for coffee!"

"You also asked me out for coffee."

"That's different."

"How is it?"

"Because-"

"I am a genius." Eponine and Grantaire looked blankly at Courfeyrac.

"What?" Eponine said.

"I just had an amazing idea." he grinned.

"Oh God," Eponine said, putting her head in her hands, "Go on then, what is it?"

"We should have..." he paused for effect, "A Harry Potter marathon."

"It sounds good, but how does that make you a genius?" Grantaire asked.

"Because," Courfeyrac continued, "You can invite Enjolras along."

Eponine began beating her palms against the table. "Brilliant! That's a brilliant idea! What do you say, R?" she said.

"No. Absolutely not."

"Why not?" Courfeyrac frowned.

"Because I do not want my crush to be in a room full of my friends."

"Why? We'll behave, I swear!" Eponine promised, crossing her heart.

"Me too!" Courfeyrac did the same.

"It's not you two I'm worried about. What about Joly? Feuilly? Lesgles? And Marius! He can't keep his mouth shut for two minutes!"

"Cosette will keep him quiet." Eponine said.

"No."

"Please? I'll stop leaving my laundry in a heap!" Courfeyrac pleaded.

Grantaire looked at his two friends and, seeing how excited they were, finally gave in.

"Fine! But if anyone plays up they have to leave immediately!" he said.

"Yes! Done!" Eponine beamed.

"Okay, so Friday night at our place?" Courfeyrac suggested.

"Sounds good." said Eponine, "Right, I'd better get back to work. See you!" She waved and then walked out of the coffee shop.

"We should go too." Grantaire said, putting on his jacket, "You've got dirty laundry to put in the wash."

Courfeyrac groaned.

Hey! Thanks so much for reading! Pretty short chapter today and not much enjoltaire but there will more soon!