Chapter Nine

There were no disruptions during the first film and all was going well until halfway through the second.

"Guys, I need to pee." Courfeyrac said. He got up and walked to the bathroom whilst Grantaire paused the movie.

"Are you having a good time?" Grantaire asked Enjolras.

"Yes, thank you, this is the most fun I've had in a long time." he replied.

"Good."

"You still don't look entirely comfortable." Joly said with a subtle wink at Eponine.

"Why don't you lean on Grantaire a little?" Eponine suggested, smiling back.

Grantaire glared at his friends, but was surprised to find that Enjolras had done what Eponine had suggested and leaned on him slightly.

"There, that's better." Combeferre smiled.

"Aw, you two-" Marius began, but was interrupted by Feuilly.

"I wonder what's taking Courfeyrac so long." he said, rolling his eyes at Marius' carelessness.

At that moment, Courfeyrac walked into the room, a can of Pepsi in his hand.

"Oh, no you don't!" Grantaire said, getting up - much to everyone's disappointment - and standing in front of Courfeyrac. He tried to grab the drink but Courfeyrac dodged, pushing him into the sofa - or at least what Grantaire thought was the sofa.

He was filled with horror when he saw Enjolras looking down at him.

"Caught ya." he smiled.

"Oops, sorry!" Courfeyrac "apologised", pulling Grantaire up by his T-shirt.

"Be careful!" Enjolras cried, "Don't hurt him!" Several people raised their eyebrows and Enjolras blushed and looked down at his hands.

"Just let him have it, one drink can't do too much." Marius told him.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that." Lesgles mumbled.

Grantaire sat back down and immediately felt a slight pressure on him again. He noticed Eponine biting her lip to surpress a squeal.

"Can I start it again?" Grantaire asked.

"Yeah." Courfeyrac answered.

~*~

When the third film finished, Grantaire and Courfeyrac handed out sandwiches, drinks and more sweets to everyone before they started the next one.

Everyone, including Courfeyrac, went to the toilet so that there were no more interruptions and when everyone was settled again, Grantaire started the film.

Enjolras had sat up properly to eat his sandwich, but when he finished he leant against Grantaire again, this time with his head on Grantaire's shoulder. Grantaire's heart started thumping and he was sure that Enjolras would be able to feel it.

The fourth film was almost over when Courfeyrac spoke up.

"Guys," he said, "I need to pee again."