Chapter Fourteen

The next day, Grantaire had gone out to replenish his paint supplies. When he returned from shopping, he dumped the bags on the kitchen table and walked into the living room, surprised to find that Courfeyrac was not in there.

Grantaire thought that perhaps Courfeyrac had gone out, but he hadn't mentioned anything earlier.

He decided to check Courfeyrac's bedroom, even though he wasn't usually in there during the day. When he opened the door, he finally found Courfeyrac...and Eponine.

His arms were wrapped around her waist and her hands were tangled in his hair, their lips locked in an embrace. They were kissing. Courfeyrac and Eponine were kissing.

They jumped apart when they noticed him, both of them turning bright red. Grantaire's eyes widened and he walked backwards out of the room in shock. He had figured that they liked each other, but he was not expecting to find that so soon.

"Grantaire, it's not what you think!" said Eponine, running after him.

"Really? Because I think that two of my best friends were just making out in secret!" Grantaire exclaimed.

"Okay, so it's a little what you think." said Eponine sheepishly.

"But we're not just making out whenever we feel like it. We're actually together." Courfeyrac added, taking Eponine's hand. She smiled back at him.

"Awww!" squealed Grantaire, unable to stop himself, "How long?"

"Since the Harry Potter marathon. When everyone was asleep I woke her up and told her I needed to tell her something important, so she came and sat next to me and I kissed her and then asked her to be my girlfriend." Courfeyrac explained.

"Who else knows?"

"No one. We don't want to tell everyone yet." said Eponine.

"Fair enough. Okay, well, go back to your little make out session then, I'll leave you alone." Grantaire teased with a wink.

"Shut up, R." they both mumbled, but left the room, leaving Grantaire with a smirk spread across his face.

~*~

Courfeyrac avoided Grantaire all evening, much to Grantaire's amusement. However, he had so much that he wanted to ask him, so he eventually grabbed Courfeyrac, pulled him into the living room and stood in the doorway so he couldn't escape.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Courfeyrac cried, trying and failing to push past Grantaire.

"You're not going anywhere until you answer all of my questions." said Grantaire.

"Fine!" snapped Courfeyrac, holding his hands up in defeat, "Ask away."

"How long have you liked her?"

"Since she saved that butterfly from drowning last year."

"I wondered why you're always staring at her."

"Is that all?"

"Nope. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because she liked Marius and I was trying to get over her but I couldn't. Then when she said she liked someone else, I figured I'd give it a shot and apparently that someone was me."

"Did you tell anyone else?"

"No, but I think Gavroche figured it out. He's a smart kid."

"Okay, you're free to go." Grantaire stepped aside.

"Thank you."

"Oh, and by the way, you two are perfect for each other."

"Thanks."

Courfeyrac walked out of the room with a smile.

So, yeah, I obviously kept the Courfeyrac and Eponine ship but it's significant to the end, so I'm not just getting sidetracked, I promise. Hope you guys enjoyed!