Chapter 2 | Silver devil's deal

"Haah?! What are you talking about?! Not from this world how would that even work?" Loki questioned Freya. But who could blame her. Traveling worlds is unheard of. "Think about it. She mentioned "Celestia". Something about that implies that it comes from heaven. Now we ourselves have never heard of such now have we? And moreover, don't you think that an order from such to destroy an unknown nation is strange?" Freya explained. She had a valid point in that regard. It was true. Celestia and Khanri'ah were both unknown to them. Even to travelers they were unknown. And how would someone just fall out of the sky anyway? It helped support her theory.

"Well, what do we do then? If she was making us figure it out by ourselves I highly doubt she trusts us enough to do anything else." Loki stated. The others seemed to agree with what she said. Given her original hostility, it isn't hard to see that she doesn't intend to just do as they please willy nilly. "Well then why don't we try to make a deal with her? If she had survived a war between gods she must have been quite powerful don't you think?" Freya suggested leaving the room tense. "Again, why would she trust us?" "I said make a deal with her. Not try to reason with her." This left the room confused as to what she meant.

"Well we have to get going anyway. I'll just drop by here tomorrow." Loki said having the rest of her familia leave. Now Freya was alone there. She decided to go back into Nadeshiko's room. "Hm? Oh your back. I'm assuming from that person shouting you quickly realized my situation?" "Indeed. Now tell me, care to elaborate?" Nadeshiko simply shook her head. "Why should I? I have no obligation to you." Freya slowly grew a smirk on her face. "Then how about a deal?" She leaned into Nadeshiko's ear and whispered something to her. "Hm.. Fair enough. Clever really. Simple terms yet both quite beneficial. I'll accept." Nadeshiko agreed to whatever terms Freya put forth. "Well then, mind telling me more?" Freya asked to which Nadeshiko nodded.

The next day was relatively normal. The Loki Familia's morning went as usual. Loki decided to see the girl that they helped yesterday. When she got there Freya was also on her way there as well. "So you're going to see that girl as well?" Freya smirked at Loki's question. "You have no need to see her anymore, you know that right~?" Loki got irked from Freya's smirk. She asked. "What do you mean?" Freya lightly chuckles. "You thought it would be impossible to make a deal with her. Looks like I proved you to be wrong~" This surprised Loki causing her to believe that Freya charmed the girl.

"What? Did you charm her or something?!" Loki retaliated. "Of course not. I simply put forth a deal that benefits the two of us. It was a gamble in all honesty. I was not sure if she would actually accept. But she did." Freya turned smug, making Loki scoff. "Tch." They both entered the room to see Nadeshiko drawing on what appears to be ice with some sort of light being used as for the actual drawing. "Oh, hello you two." She greeted with a gentle smile on her face. Loki was curious as to what she was doing. "Whatcha doin'?" "Just drawing. But the real question is what are you two doing here?" She asked a question in return. "I wanted you to elaborate on what you meant yesterday." "Oh my apologies. But to the terms on my contract with Freya I cannot disclose that information anymore. Nor did I intend to do so in the first place." This made Loki a little mad. "Haah?! Then why did you share that info with her?!"

Her small outburst made Nadeshiko lightly laugh out of amusement. "Simple, the offer she gave me included one of the things I needed. Information. There are other variables of course but I'll keep that hidden for now. I could have made the same deal with you but she got to me first. I hold contracts in high regard so I do hope you realize that I will not void it."

"Ugh so you're not going to tell me more on what you meant?" "No~" She playfully said, still wearing a smile on her face. Despite her kind tone she clearly was serious. She got this personality from an old friend of hers back during her time as Silver. She didn't interact with her directly per say but she did pick up some tendencies from observing her. "Fine I'm leaving." Loki started to leave the room as Nadeshiko said a simple bye. "So what did you want to talk about Freya?" She asked, still drawing on. "Are you healed?" "Yes. My regeneration was weakened due to the lack of time to regain my strength. But I am alright now." She confirmed with her smile deepening. "I see. Well, you do remember our agreement, correct?" "Of course I do."

"Let's make a deal. I will give you information as well as

*̸̨̭̹̱͙͍̜̘̹̋̽̂̊̋͂͑̈́̒̏̌̕͠*̵̝̺̥̲̟̯̆̿̓́̕͘͝*̴͈̩̩̰̯̩͋̄̂́̈͘͝*̴̧̨̢̢̼̻͉̘͎͍̩̙̹̱̆͛̊̅̏͛́̃͘͠͝*̷̢̨͖̩̥̞̩̣̬̟̝͖̟̐̇̄̏̽̔̿̃̅͜*̶̛̯͓͇̘̩̫͓̮̟͙͍͖̂́̆͑̏͊̉̉̕̕͝*̸͉̗̬͓̜̆͂͂̐̔͑̍*̶̦̳̪̝̞͉̲̉̏͋̅̈̒̽̈́̒͊̀̕̕͠͝ͅͅͅ*̸̡̨̬̲̞͔̺͊̊͂͊̄̌͌̑́̒͗̕͝*̴̥̫͚͓̙͍̯̺͉̻̤̦͎͋̉̀́̀̃̌͋*̵̠̱̈̆̏̈́̔̈͑̀̔͝͠*̶̧̛̛͕̯̹̥̐̉̊̈́͛͂̐͊̎̆̐*̸̡̡͎̘̫̝͔̼͍͋̊̈́̊̑̕͠ͅ*̵̙̠̤̞̠̑̾̈́̿̆̈́̅͗͌͘*̶̹̘̦̻̥͍͔̳͈͍̰͖̦̙͌͒͐͘*̶̯̲͙͉̂́̑́̕͘*̶̳̥̻͚͈̀̀͛ͅ*̷̧̣̩̮̙͈̱̹̇̅̈́̓̑͗͌͜. And for my end of the deal, I want you to assist me. You do not have to directly assist me in my business but you will protect me during those. As well as you telling me more about yourself. And you cannot tell anyone about what you told me or what I tell you. Deal?"

"So you do remember~" "Like I said to Loki. I hold contracts in high regard. Betraying it would go against how I was raised." She said. "You didn't have a very nice childhood, did you?" Freya asked with a slightly pitiful tone. "Well I think I did. But a lot of those memories have faded. Only some remain." Freya hummed in response. "Well, since you mentioned the contract, what do you wish for me to do right now?" Nadeshiko asked and Freya smirked. "I want you to do this..."

It quickly turned to night. Loki was a little pissed that Freya managed to get information out of the girl but she couldn't. Loki would be lying if she said she wasn't even a little curious about Nadeshiko's background. "Hey Loki, are you okay? You seemed a little mad when you got back from the Dian Cect Familia." The amazon said. This amazon looked quite like the other amazon. Except she was smaller.

"That's because I am a little mad, Tiona. Freya managed to somehow make a deal with that girl. I would be lying if I said I wasn't even slightly curious about her background. I mean can you blame me? Freya said that she might be from another world. Besides, it hurts my pride to know that she beat me to it." Loki finished.

"Hm, but what could she have possibly done to get her to agree to her deal? Did she charm her?" Finn asked, making the others listen. "No. She wasn't. I have seen her charmed children and I can say with confidence that Nadeshiko isn't under her charm. Her tone and her eyes say it all. She is fully in control of her actions. I don't know how but it is true." This left the others surprised. Riveria decided to ask for confirmation. "Wait Loki, what do you mean by her tone and eyes?"

"What I mean is that her tone wasn't empty. Any of Freya's children wouldn't hide her love for their goddess. She talked to us equally, showing no favoritism. And her eyes did not change from how they looked yesterday. They both still have that crimson shine to it." Loki said. She had a bit of disappointment in her tone though.

"So do you know what is this 'contract' they agreed upon is?" A dwarf asked. "Nope. Sorry Gareth but for some reason Freya had her keep that information hidden. "Well that is troublesome." Finn said. "I can beat her up a bit to force information out of her if you want Captain!" An Amazon said. "No Tione. We won't use violence. Although I am curious as to what she is as well." "Well we won't know by asking her. Why don't you guys just watch her? I'm sure that will work." Loki suggested.

"Not a bad idea. Alright. Tomorrow we will have some of us tail her. I want to see if we can get info out of her without asking." Finn ordered. "Okay captain!"

After that they went to a tavern called the Hostess of Fertility. They had their little celebration for finishing their expedition. They couldn't do it yesterday seeing the sequence of events that took place. In the tavern there can be seen a boy with white hair and red eyes. He looked a lot like a rabbit. There were a few others there as well. A man with red hair and red irises, a female prum with short brown hair and brown eyes, and so on.

It seemed that both were having a little party. How about a certain silver devil crashes it?

[A/N : Soo? Is it okay so far? I had fun writing this one. I wanted to make Nadeshiko have a deal with Freya because of one scene and one scene only. You will see soon.]