Chapter 7 | Misfit Class

The following day, Iruma and Nadeshiko get ready as always. Sullivan also mentioned something about them and their friends being in the same class. After he said this, Iruma started questioning whether humans and demons could even be friends in the first place.

They eat their food then see Azz and Clara waiting for them outside. "Good morning Iruma-sama, Nadeshiko-sama!" Azz greeted. "Good morning Irumachi! Nadechi!" Clara happily said.

They began walking to school as always. Today is the day they get their class.

At the school, Iruma asks. "So uh, how to we find our class again?" To which, Azz responded. "I think we follow these Iruma-sama." He looked at a golden arrow that seemed to be leading them somewhere.

They arrive at their new class, called the Misfit Class. <<Master there is a trap behind that door.>> Kazuhiko said in Nadeshiko's mind. >>I'm aware. I'm thinking on how I should deal with it. Should I do a basic dodge or destroy them.<< Nadeshiko thinks. Then Clara just pushes Iruma inside the class and the traps trigger.

Nadeshiko decided to destroy them instead. "Void light" As she said this, a black light incinerates the weapons that flew towards them. "Are you alright Iruma-sama?!" Azz said. Iruma simply nodded. "Ah, that's good.. Also, what incredible magic you did there Nadeshiko-sama!" Azz complimented after Iruma reassured him.

"Alright everyone who bet on destroying the traps?" A yellow haired demon said. The demon seemed to be floating on his tail. "What in the... How dare you all bet on my masters' lives!" Azz yelled. "Meh, there's an infirmary nearby anyway." A black haired demon said.

"Ah so you're the freshman representative eh? Well ever since you became the Sullivan siblings slave you were no longer qualified to be my rival. So sorry." Another yellow haired demon said. 'Honestly he looks like a muscle brain.' Nadeshiko thought.

"And why would anyone want THAT tittle?! And also, I'm not their slave. I'm their friend!"

Iruma suddenly flinched at this.

Earlier, Iruma mentioned about Azz and Clara being his friends. But for demons, they don't know that word. So he explained the best he could.

Back inside the classroom, Azz then went on to repeat Iruma's same words as Iruma was cringing in the corner as Nadeshiko was laughing internally to herself.

"No matter. Even if those Sullivan siblings were impressive, I am the one who will reach yodh and become THE DEMON KING!!" The yellow haired demon yelled. Iruma was about to ask what yodh meant but Nadeshiko told him the demon ranks through thought communication. It surprised Iruma at first but he ignored it in the end.

Rank 1, Aleph.

Rank 2, Bet.

Rank 3, Gimmel.

Rank 4, Dalet.

Rank 5, He.

Rank 6, Vav.

Rank 7, Zayin.

Rank 8, Khet.

Rank 9, Tet.

And finally, Rank 10, Yodh.

"Hm. Speaking of the Sullivan siblings, where is princess?" The black haired demon asked. "What do you mean 'princess'?" Iruma asked. "Ohh yeah. Your Iruma right? Well your sister got the nickname 'princess' after that fight with Asmodeus. On top of summoning that rare familiar." A white haired demon said. The demon's hair seemed to cover his whole face though.

The reason they didn't notice Nadeshiko was because she quietly sneaked to a seat without anyone noticing. But that quickly went away when a blonde haired demoness noticed her. But before they could say anything, Kalego, who is their homeroom teacher, walked in and quieted the class.

"Silence." He said. He then went on to do a role call.

"Agares Picero." He called out to an orange haired demon who seemed to be sleeping on a cloud. Picero only yawned in response.

"Asmodeus Alice." Alice promptly responded. "Here."

"Allocer Schneider." He called out to a demon who looked a little like a humanoid lion. Schneider responded in a somewhat odd way. "I am a thinking reed."

"Andro M. Jazz." He called out to the black haired demon. "Here." He responded in a somewhat lazy tone.

"Ix Elizabetta." He called out to the blonde demoness. "Here."

'Probably the second most normal response tone I heard out of all of them. Azz's being the most normal.' Nadeshiko thought.

"Valac Clara." Clara stood up with her arms waving in the air. "Here! Eggie-sensei!!" She excitedly responded. "That nickname ends now." Kalego coldly said in an annoyed tone.

"Caim Camui." No response. "Are you not there Caim Camui?" The bird looking demon flinched and responded. "H- here!"

"Garp Goemon." He called out to the white haired demon. "I am here."

"Crocell Keroli." He called out to the light blue haired demoness. "Here..."

"Shax Lead." He called out to the yellow haired demon who seemed to be playing games. "Here. Here, here." Lead did not seem to be paying attention.

"Sabnock Sabro." He called out to the other yellow haired demon who said he wanted to become the demon king. "Indeed." Sabro arrogantly responded.

"Purson Soi." No response. 'That one looks like he's hiding his presence. I wonder why.' Nadeshiko thought as Kalego moved on.

"Nadeshiko." She promptly responded with a calm voice. "Here."

"Iruma." Iruma responded nervously. "Here-" He got cut off.

"Now let us begin class." Kalego put down his book and said, "All of you, outside. You idiotic Trouble makers. We're going to determine your ranks." Kalego said. "Ranks...?" Iruma asked himself.

They walked outside to a transportation device. "The first lesson is a race to the flag at the end of this valley." Kalego explained.

The students seemed to be amazed at the valley. "Your ranks will be determined by the familiar summoning exam conducted previously, along with this race. The goal is the flag that sits atop a heugh covered in mist far beyond this valley." He said, pointing in the direction.

Iruma seemed scared. Kalego then brought out the device which explains the routes to the flag. "Cutthroat valley does seem to be shorter, however it's quite perilous." Azz said to which Iruma and Nadeshiko agreed. After it finished explaining he destroyed it. 'He really hates that thing huh.' They all deadpanned at this.

"Ahem! That's all for the explanation." Kalego concluded. "The only way to get through quickly is through CUTTHROAT VALLEY!!" Sabro proudly said until he was shut down by Kalego. "The only option this year is to go through Warbling Valley." This came as a surprise to Sabro. "E-eh?! But why!" He asked. "The guardian is a bit moody this year. It's dangerous."

"The guardian?" Iruma asked. "An enormous magical beast that rules over Cutthroat Valley." Kalego said. "Ma-magical beast?"

"That's why no one may enter it. We can't guarantee your safety if you run into it." Kalego said. "I'm still going through Cutthroat Valley! Otherwise there's no point!" Sabro yelled. "Who cares!" Kalego snapped back.

The gates opened. "All of you get ready." As Kalego said this, the students, except Iruma, opened their wings. Nadeshiko did too.

Nadeshiko's wings were a feathered black color that faded into a purple-ish blue. It also had spots of white on it that made her wings look like a small galaxy.

'A fallen eh?' Kalego thought. "We will now begin the flying race. Ready... Go!" Right as he said this, all of the students, except Iruma, took off to fly. Iruma almost fell off the cliff but saved himself only to get pushed off by Kalego anyway. "Get moving." He said before walking into the transportation device.

Kalego got to the ending point only to see Nadeshiko already arrived. "Took you long enough~" She nonchalantly said as she reads a book, paying no mind to Kalego.