Roommates (7)

Chapter six

I felt someone patting me lightly on the shoulder, "Y/n..we're almost here, thought you wanted to see the view."

Slowly, I opened my eyes and rubbed them, looking around I caught sight of Tom who was sleeping peacefully in the chair beside me. I turned my head and found the person who woke me up, Cass. She was staring at Tom with a confused expression.

"Is something wrong?" I croaked; my voice hoarse.

Just as Cass was about to reply, Tom shuffled in his chair and yawned, causing him to wake up. She mouthed something that looked like "Tell you later."

"We there yet?" Asked Tom, peeking out of the window.

"No, but I thought you would like the view," answered Cass staring at Tom suspiciously, Tom stared at Cass and then at me, which caused him to blush stupidly. What the hell was going on? I raised my brow at Cass to explain; instead she shrugged her shoulders and trotted of to Calvin and Jay.

I cleared my throat, "how come you're not with Jay?" I asked.

He thought for a while before responding, "Too noisy, and I was tired; thought I would take a nap."

"Oh, I see. Well, let's take a look at the view outside," I stood up and leaned on top of Tom to stare through the window.

"Wow, it's beautiful," I gasped, staring at the surroundings, although it was mostly surrounded by buildings, the colour of the sand from the beach was beautiful, and the waves; outstanding.

I turned my head round and looked over at Tom, who, for your Informaționale was not looking at the view but rather my butt and legs.

"Boys," I muttered, rolling my eyes. I sat back properly on my seat. "You know you're kind of rude," I stated.

Tom looked up and stared into my eyes, confused from the look of it.

"Well, not just you, I mean all the boys. Always checking girls out when we're not looking. I suppose we do the same, but at least most girls aren't perverts like you."

"Hey! I'm not a pervert! Defended Tom.

"Then what's up with you checking me out?" I asked, raising my brow.

He blushed, "I wasn't," he muttered looking out the window. I laughed quietly; sure he wasn't.

I stood up and went to the toilet, fixing myself. Oh crap, my clothes were stained with coke.

*~*

The first place we drove to was, Sydney since we'll staying in Sydney with Jay's aunt since she has a "big" suprise for him.

Since we went by taxi, Jay and Tom, who to my suprise; explained exacly where we were going.

Once the taxi drive dropped us off, Tom looked up and down and frowned. "Come on, we need to buy you new clothes," and with that he grabbed my hand and pulled me along the streets.

"What about the others?" I asked, panting.

"I'll call Jay and tell him to meet us at the opera house," he replied.

"But..wait, have you been here before?"

"Suppose you could say that, I sometime go with Jay, every few years.

I nodded in comprehension.

After placing around Tom dragged me into an expensive store, I stopped abruptly which caused Tom to turn around.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I shook my head, "I can't afford these clothes," I mumbled, embarrassed.

He smiled slightly, "Don't worry, it's on me."

He pulled me into the store, and my mouthed drop. The store was filled with the lost graceful clothes you could have possibly imagined. There were; dresses, skirts, shoes, bags, you name it.

Several moments passed and I was still gawking. Tom pulled my hand, and I looked down at our entwinded hands; it felt..nice.

Just then my phone rang, sighing, I let go off Tom's hand and looked, it was Cass.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Y/n. Where the heck are you? Don't tell me we've already lost you, it's only your first time bere, your first holiday. Oh my, it's my entire fault, I'm-"

I cut her off, "Cass, i'm fine. i'm with Tom," I replied, taking a quick glance at him, he was busy browsing dresses. I held back a smile.

"Tom? Oh, talking about him. I think he-" someone called for uer in the background. "Sorry Y/n, Calvin's calling, tell you later." She hung up. 

Hmm...I wonder what she wanted to tell me.

Just then Tom came with several dresses and threw them on me.

"What's this?" I asked, strugglung to hold them.

"Try them," he answered.

"Where-" he cut me off, pointing towards the changing rooms. I nodded and headed to the direction he pointed to.

There were four dresses; a short, yellow satin dress with bâlci halter straps; a white and blue dress, which almost looked like a tank top sith a oale blue ruffled skirt; a plain short white dress which contained a v neck line and batwings sleeves and finally, a vibrant, flowered dress eith spaghetti straps.

I tried the first one on and scowled at my reflection; the yellow did not suit me. Hesitating, I opened the certain and caught sight of Tom who was sitting sprawled in the Waiting chair. I gave a Little turn.

"Next one," he commented.

I turned back and put the next one, then the one after that, until I finally wore the last one.

"It's perfect," Said Tom, a spark in his eyes.

"You like?" I asked, giving a Little twirl, the dress matched my shoes.

"Yeah, we'll take it," answered Tom standing up and grabbing his wallet from the back of his pants. I only realised that he had changed his shirt. Wonder how that happened?

"You sure you can afford it?" I asked hesitantly.

I glanced at his wallet it was filled with notes. Since when was he so rich?

*~*

We headed to the opera house and found Cass, Jay and Calvin waiting for us. As soon as Cass spotted me she ran towards me.

"Finally, do you know how boring this is without you?" Asked Cass, hugging me.

"Boring?" I asked, "How can Australia be boring?" She rolled her eyes and looked at Tom.

"Well, not for you I suppose since you had company."

"Right guys, my aunt called, we've got to head over to the house. Follow along," Said Jay, walking off with Calvin and Tom.

Just as I was about to follow them; Cass grabbed my hand.

"What is it?" I asked, frowning.

"Y/n, I think Tom is in love with you."