Roommates (27)

Chapter Twenty Six

Y/n's pov

I stepped in the room I was staying in, Tom holding my hand.

"So, who is Jessica exactly?" I asked, feeling jealousy bubble inside me, I tried my best not to show it by forcing a small smile in my face.

Tom cleared his throat before responding, "I told you she's just a friend," he reconfirmed.

I nodded my head, biting my lip from asking further questions.

"Hey," murmured Tom, grasping my chin and tilting it upwards so I was forced to look at him. "Don't worry Y/n, I promise nothing will come between us. Nothing," he stated sternly.

I felt myself relax slightly, I never really was a jealous type of girlfriend, but I couldn't image myself losing Tom, I loved him too much. The only thing that could pull me apart from him would be death.

Tom, realising that I wasn't going to respond, raised his hand to caress my face, strong his thumb from the end of my eyebrow all the way down to my lips until he settled his lips on mine.

I internally moaned and placed my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me, our kiss became deeper, passionate, filled with lust and love.

"Tom," I gasped.

He deepened the kiss and slid his hands down to my waist, tightening his grip on me.

Moving my hands from his dreadlocks, I quickly fumbled for the hem of his shirt and threw it off him, trailing my fingers down his chest.

"Y/n," he moaned.

Just then the door slammed open and I jumped back, embarrassed and startled.

"Cassandra," I gasped, breathless.

She mumbled a sorry and quickly ran out closing the door, but it didn't take me too long to realise that she looked different, scared somehow.

I quickly ran my fingers through my hair and fixed my outfit before apologising to Tom and running out of the door to chase Cassandra.

I caught her, sitting on top of the staircase, her hands on her head, sobbing.

Guilt washed through me. This was my entire fault, if Cassandra didn't come to Australia this mess wouldn't have happened, not with Gina and the threats, the complication between Cass and Calvin and Tom and me wouldn't have happened. I felt my heart sink on the thought of me and Tom not being together and erased the thought.

"Cass," I whispered, sitting beside her.

"Oh Y/n, I don't know what to do?" she sobbed, hugging me tightly.

I bit my lip, "it's okay Cass, everything will be okay. We all know Gina can be slightly, well really bitchy, but it will all be over in three days and before you know it we will be home and everything will be the same again," I reassured her with a smile.

"That's the thing Y/n, it won't be the same," she cried.

"What do you mean, Gina will be long gone, you can forget about her threats to Calvin and reunite," I smiled, brushing her hair with the palm of my hand.

She pushed away from me and rubbed her red brimmed eyes.

"We can't Y/n," she whispered, choking in her sobs.

I froze, "what do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Calvin confessed to me," she explained.

"That's good isn't it," I frowned, not knowing where she was heading with this.

"Not that sort of confession. He told me something, really bad, and I know that even though he's not one hundred percent to blame, it changes everything between us. I love him Y/n, I really do. But, he needs to own up to his mistake, he thinks that because some rebels took the blame, it will be fine and forgotten but he needs to own up. But then I don't want him to, because if he does, I know I won't see him and because I'm selfish I can't persuade him which I know is wrong."

I stared at her as if I she was the hardest mathematic problem that I was trying to solve. What on Earth was she talking about?

"What?" I asked.

She forced a laugh, "I'm talking gibberish, sorry. But thanks for always being there for me Y/n; I'm sorry I haven't always been there for you. I will try my best in the future."

I just stared at her even more, looking more confused.

"Um...you're welcome?"

She smiled, this time the smile reached her eyes but then it faded.

"So what exactly did Calvin confess?" I asked, curiously.

"Um..I don't know if I should tell you, I really want to tell someone, but I'm scared."

"You don't have to," I smiled, "but before you judge, you should maybe look into it more, you know get more information. Everything isn't always as it seems."

"You're right, thank you Y/n." She hugged me and grinned, "I owe you my life."

Three days later

I finished packing my things. Closing my suitcase I stared at my reflection; my hair was tied back in a scruffy bun. I barely had on make-up, just a slight bit of mascara and coral eye shadow to match with my coral tank top and white short shorts.

These were the last several hours I would spend in Australia. The first place I have ever been to on holiday.

I went downstairs, and sat down in the table for lunch with everyone sitting down: Aunt Cecilia, Gina, Lia, Jay, Tom, Calvin, Cassandra, and even chuffers had his own chair which made me smile.

I have to admit, I was going to miss Australia, and it was a different, exciting adventure for me.

We quickly ate lunch and departed Australia back home.

*

I sat in the taxi, with Tom by my side since the five of us couldn't fit in one taxi, Calvin, Jay and Cass left in one whilst I and Tom took the other.

Tom was in front passenger seat, whilst I was sitting at the back. He was having quite an eager conversation with the taxi driver, I smiled at his charisma.

Just then my phone rang.

I frowned when I realised the phone number was private.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Is this Y/n, Y/n L/n?" questioned the voice.

"Um, yes it is. Who is this?" I asked curiously.

"That's none of your concern. Meet me at ten at Hyde Park alone," the voice demanded, sending me chills.

"Why should I? I don't even know you?"

"If you don't, let's just say your boyfriend Y/m won't have a particular happy ending," the voice snarled before handing the phone to Ross.

My heart broke into pieces once I heard his voice, "Y-Y/n. Help me," he cried before screaming in pain.

"You better make it or he'll die," threatened the voice before he hung up.

Ross.

My first kiss. My first love. My first everything.

Trapped.

Kidnapped.

Because someone wanted me?

"What's wrong Y/n?" asked Tom, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Nothing," I mumbled not meeting his gaze.

I had to find a way to save him.

I had to meet whomever that was.