Chapter 40

Chapter 40: Sand

♪ You're my always
You're my forever
You're my reality ♪

It is a long aisle to walk before reaching Ruhan before the altar where the Pastor, the officiant of the holy matrimony, stands. My parents are waiting in a few steps.

There is a huge transformation in the beach. White drapes are above, fresh flowers in the shade of red, pink, and white and leaves are everywhere. Lights in warm and white colors are involved in the design as well as chandeliers are dangling. The aisle is long with a vintage boho carpet and petals of flowers are on the sides before the bushes of white flowers.

My eyes went straight to the man whom I dedicated the song to. Maddox gave him a handkerchief and he wiped the corner of his eyes. My husband is tearing up.

♪ You're my sunshine
You're my best times
You're my anomaly ♪

I stood still in the entrance, singing the song with all my heart, stopping myself from crying. He doesn't know I am gonna sing for our wedding. We have kept it a secret from him.

♪ And I'd choose you
In a hundred lifetimes, I'd choose you
In a hundred worlds, I'd find you... ♪

♪ And I'd say, "I do"
For the rest of my life
With all that I have, I do
And I will
When the sky is falling
I promise you, I'm all in
No turning back
And every day, every moment
Every breath you take
I choose you... ♪

I saw the guests crying as they clapped. There are a lot of guests. I know I don't know most of them and I did not look around. My focus is up straight, to the aisle, to the carpet, to the end of this,.. to the man I will marry.

This is our most favorite moment of our lives. Tears came out of my eyes as I started walking. Ruhan's reaction from where he stood is so priceless.

Mama and Papa are crying. The soft melody continued as I reached them. Papa hugged me and kissed my cheek. Mama took my hand.

"We love you so much, anak..."

I smiled widely. Mama took the microphone away. Someone smoothly took it out too. The microphone glued to my cheek is already on.

Magkabilang nakahawak ako sa braso ni Mama at Papa habang nagsisimula kaming lumakad patungo kay Ruhan. And I continued singing as the chorus sang again by back up singers faded.

♪ This is more than just a wedding
This is etched into eternity
With our union, we will move mountains
We will live on our knees ♪

♪ 'Cause He'd choose us
In a hundred lifetimes, He'd choose us
In a hundred worlds, He'd find us ♪

I got a clearer view of my Buenavista. His eyes were reddish and tears kept coming out. I bit my lower lip as I continued singing and my voice cracked a bit.

♪ And we'd say, "We do"
For the rest of our lives
With all that we have, we do
And we will
When the sky turns black and
He comes back
Riding on the clouds
Every day, and every moment
Every breath we take
We choose You... ♪

Maddox tapped his back. Ruhan moved forward, behind his parents. Tita Kathryne hugged me first then Tito Caerus. And then Ruhan. Nag-mano siya kay Papa at Mama.

Papa is still crying. He held my hand tightly in front of Ruhan. I smiled and let him take his time. From my peripheral view, the guests are still standing and all eyes were on us.

"A-Anak..." he shook his head and he was crying again.

My lips curved as another batch of tears flowed down from my eyes. Ruhan's lips parted and was about to reach me but stopped himself.