Chapter One.

It was raining---like curtains of water being draped all over the world.

It was raining heavily---engulfing everything in a watery deluge.

A bolt of lightning tore through the darkened sky, splitting it into two---forming a seamless, curvaceous fissure that pulsed with energy---as if it was alive and breathing. The bolt of lightning branched, like the roots of a century old tree as it covered the sky and illuminated the city beneath it.

The thin, single paneled transparent windows of my dorm-room trembled as the roaring thunder rumbled followed by the eye-numbing lightning---Akin to something described as war drums in medieval times.

The water splashed down on the ground.

I could hear it.

Each raindrop---like miniature explosions, splashing down upon the ground, creating ripples of liquid chaos.

As the raindrops kissed the thirsty soil, the unmistakable scent of petrichor permeated the air---refreshing and soothing for the soul.

Footsteps reverberated outside---in the hallway.

Tap, tap, tap.

Slow, yet calculated.

Cautious of every step, yet so nonchalant. An unwavering confidence in every step taken and a chilling aura that seemed to seep into one's very bones oozed out of the person in question. I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath.

Even when my lungs brimmed with oxygen, I took in more and more. Inflating my lungs to their absolute limits until a searing jolt went across my chest and my lungs felt at the precipice of exploding. The air around me thrummed, once again, and I felt like daggers of ice had been pointed at me while the back of my throat burned subtly.

Another pair of steps reverberated behind the initial ones. Slow, lacking confident, hushed and rushed.

I wonder what happened.

Suddenly, the door opened with a loud thud but was muffled by the another guttural roar of thunder from behind me. The strong gale outside made the windows shudder and the light from the lightning almost obscured what was in front of my eyes.

I recognised the first person almost immediately. It was director Sakayanagi dressed in his usual formal attire. He had a stressed look over his face. Almost scared... and worried.

The other person was a tall man. I won't lie.

Everything about him was uncanny. From the way he dressed to the way he smiled at me.

It was downright creepy.

But that wasn't the concerning thing. There was not an ounce of hostility in him. Yet, I felt like if I took a step forward or in any direction, it might not end up in my favour. It was a weird sensation.

With every composed breath I took, the air grew heavy. The world around me shrank, its boundaries shrinking to insignificance, as I stood before him—like an insignificant mortal—confronted by an absolute superior. The fragile illusion of control over my own life shattered, revealing the stark truth of my vulnerability in his presence.

When was the last time I had felt like this?

I can't remember. I felt a wispy veil of uncertainty that delicately wrapped around my senses.

After all, I am a human. Capable of forgetting.

The man in question was a very tall man with a lean build in his later twenties.

If I were to mention, he was fairly attractive... most likely due to his facial features. He had snow-white hair. His eyes were covered with a black blindfold which proped up his hair and gave it a spikier appearance. He was able to walk and even look at me despite the blindfold. A cursed energy user, perhaps?

He was wearing a dark blue zip-up jacket with a high collar that was fairly wide. Along with it he was wearing slim-fit matching black pants and black dress boots.

He smiled and the next thing I knew he was right beside me. My senses started to ring alarms and I swatted his hand away that was about to touch my shoulder. "Hoooh? You can sense cursed energy already?"

I took a step back as he smiled at Director, "See? Your concern is not needed. The boy can hold up for himself. I mean, he has never trained, but look at the amount of cursed energy inside him," he paused before looking at him and then me, "oh my bad. You can't sense it, haha."

This guy really is creepy.

"Well then, I will be taking him along with me." He said and I felt his hand wrap around my waist, "Well then, Kiyotaka-kun, let's go on a magical journey, you and me." He said with a smirk and a wink.

Uh-huh?

"B-But, we can't let you take him like that. There would be serious ramifi-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know, you do the thinking."

As he was about to pull me, I shifted my body outwards and got out of his grip swiftly. "I don't mind a little resistance."

He said with an ecstatic look and leapt towards me. I knew about the existence of Cursed Energy and Jujutsu Sorcerers since it was taught to us after the rapid increase in invasion by curses. People were taught the basics about curses and sorcerers. While becoming a sorcerer mostly depended on lineage, there were a few instances in which people with no background could become Jujutsu sorcerers. By what I heard from this funky looking man, I had cursed energy inside me. Being in the white room didn't help in understanding the origin of cursed energy but instead focused on achieving perfection in creation of a perfect individual.

But...

A perfect individual for what?

On the surface it seemed like something for political control over Japan. But from what I can piece together, it's something more than that.

Before I could react, a finger touched my forehead. "I can finally give it my all if it's you." As soon as the fruity man said that, my vision was stained black in a near instant and I felt my consciousness slip away from my claws. In the realm of lost consciousness, I saw a scene. No, I heard it. Something far yet near.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Throughout the heaven and earth, I alone am the honoured one."