Chapter 4.

After an approximate of 21 hours of flight time, we finally arrived at our destination. The flight was from Japan to Brazil. I had to train here for a few months before I return back for the initiation of my term in Jujutsu high.

"Ah, finally here. Let's go, Ayanokouji-kun." The boy named Yuta spoke as he grabbed our luggage from the conveyer belts and handed my small bag to me.

"You can call me by my first name." I replied. It was the first time we were talking in more than 21 hours.

Knowing how I have to train with him for a few months, it is better to get along and easy with him. He looked at me with a sharp gaze, piercing enough to cut through metal. However, his lips curved up into a smile, the corner of his eyes creasing up. "Sure. Thanks. You can call me by my first name as well."

Well, he seems much more cheerful than the facade he usually puts up.

"So? According to Gojo-sensei you aren't a case of heavenly restriction. But something in between. Do you know anything about it?" Yuta asked as he looked over his shoulder in my direction.

I looked at him with a look of confusion, "Heavenly restriction?"

Yuta let out a long sigh, "So he didn't tell you anything?"

"Oh? Gojo-sensei? No. He just said I have to learn the basics from you. That aside, what is heavenly restriction?"

"Hmmm. In simple words, it is a type of cursed restriction that affects someone's cursed energy in exchange for limitations or improvements on their body." Yuta gave out a vague explanation, "do you understand what I meant?"

"A little."

"What did you understand?"

"Someone born with high cursed energy maybe have limitations on their physical aspects and someone born with low cursed energy might have superhuman strength?"

Yuta smacked his fist into his palm, "Exactly. If explained via textbook definitions, Heavenly Restrictions are described as bindings placed on a sorcerer's body when they are born. These bindings usually refer to limitations on the human body that the person receives improved capabilities in a different capacity in exchange. For example, a Heavenly Restriction can cause a sorcerer born with low cursed energy to be physically gifted. Vise versa can also occur, sorcerers with high cursed energy can be born with exceptionally weak bodies."

"Is it natural or is it placed later on? You mentioned it as a 'binding placed' on a body."

"Hmmm. Good question. It can happen naturally and artificially as well. There is an example of heavenly restriction in jujutsu high. He is born with an exceedingly weak body but has a huge amount of cursed energy."

So it isn't just theory. But what did Gojo meant by I was a mixed case?

"Do you know how non-sorcerers see cursed energy?" Yuta asked, looking forward as we got out of the airport and stared to move towards the parking area.

"A traumatic experience, like a near-death one, right? Since cursed energy stems from the negative emotions, non-sorcerers are more prone to experience in it when they're nearing their end since death isn't a very positive topic...... for the majority."

"You're right on that aspect," he paused, as if contemplating over something, "can you see cursed sprits?" He asked, his demeanor changing.

"Hm. Not really. Although I can sense them. Like imagining an outline of them. Or if they exist in an intangible form, I can still sense them. Just like the cursed spirit that is somehow here and not here at the same time. Are you, the ring you're wearing, and the cursed spirit related in some way?"