Chapter 5.

It has been a few months since I have been living here in Brazil. 

There are a lot of things that are disorienting but at the same time, they are quite refreshing. The climate here is hot and dry, a stark contrast to the city where I spent most of time, excluding the time in "White Room" of course, the weather generally leaning towards the humid and cold side.

For the past few months, I have been sparring against Yuta and Miguel to improve my control over the Cursed Energy. Before, I was only able to sense it. While I still can't see "Cursed Energy", strictly speaking, I have a knack for discerning its shape and nature. 

Yuta referred to it as a 6th sense but that is usually related to intuition. What I was able to do was something that wasn't based on prime instincts or intuition. Rather, it was something else. I still cannot understand the full reason behind it. Its like an itch that I can't quite scratch. 

"Let's take a small break." Yuta announced as he fell back on his butt, panting slightly. His chest heaved up and down, erratically. Dropping my guard finally, I wiped the stream of blood from my nose and sat down as well. I was currently bleeding from my nose and had a broken rib.

Although the pain in itself wasn't something that was bothering me, the prospect of a fragment rupturing the heart still instilled some degree of anxiety inside me. Yuta, on the other hand was in a much better state, only having a broken wrist.

"Any success with your cursed technique?" Yuta asked as he got closer to me, hovering his hand above my ribs as they started to heal. 

"Not really. I know the foundation of it but....." My voice trailed off as the ribs started to snap themselves back in place. It was actually more than one rib that was broken.

"Is it because you still can't conduct Cursed Energy efficiently?" 

"Probably." I replied. 

The problem wasn't "exactly" with the conduction of Cursed Energy, so to say. It was rather something else. I did not belong to a Jujutsu Clan. Yet, somehow, I was told to have high amounts of cursed energy. I could sense Cursed Energy a few months ago. Now I can visibly see it and augment my punches and vital parts of my body in it.

I am still not able to form a complete armour made of Cursed Energy to completely augment myself, but then again, it is something that is said to come with time. The more exposure I get to Cursed Energy, the more I understand its nature and properties.

The main I problem I was facing was with my "Technique Deployment." When it comes to "Cursed Techniques", the effectivity of it is directly proportional to the simplicity of the concept. The simpler a concept on which the "Cursed Technique" is based on is, the more potency it has. Of course, complex techniques have their own benefits since a skilled sorcerer can very well adapt to the simpler concept. 

However, Simpler Concepts have their own benefits. Like overwhelming with sheer force or putting a restriction on a certain aspect to boost the other aspect of the technique. For instance, let's use "Slicing" or "Dismembering" as a concept for a Cursed Technique. It is simple to hear and comprehend. The counter could be counted as something along the lines of "dodge the strikes", yes? 

Well, that is the answer but there is more depth to it. There is a reason why simple concept are considered to be more potent. 

Let's go back to the same concept of "Slicing" or "Dismembering" again. What is the first thing that comes to mind when one hears these two words? 

Cutting? Knife? 

Pretty simple, right? 

But because the base or the concept is so "simple" in itself it is even easier to imbue secondary effects to it. For example, a strike that doubles in power every time it lands. Or a cleaving strike that adapts to the nature of cursed energy of the defender and starts to chip it away by adapting to it with every strike. A slash with paralysis or poisonous effect that can clog arteries or even better, the heart in an instant.