Chapter 2---Introduction to Jujutsu.

An inky blackness, thick as tar, enveloped me, dulling my senses.

A feeling akin to being trapped in a perpetual paradox of nothingness engulfed me, taking away my sensory abilities from me---or rather, they were dulled.

Dulled to an extent that all I felt was a constant noise of bubbling water---like drowning in the sea.

My thoughts---every thought I had, left a tangible effect, like reeling slugs, sluggishly crawling and creeping through the mushy matter of my brain.

And then, like it all was a hallucination, like a magic trick, the sensation of growling water while drowning and tottering slugs disappeared as I felt my senses, no, regained would be a more concise term.

My hands---dangled to the side---tied behind my back.

My feet---heavy yet perceptive---also tied together.

I was sitting. The texture was smooth, and the surface was almost cold---albeit less than the surrounding temperature. It had armrests and a back-support.

I was sitting on a wooden chair. Or rather, tied to one. The difference didn't really matter to me.

As I was sitting, I felt a finger poke the middle of my forehead. It was the same touch as before. Subtle and meek on the outside, yet it was enough to rob me of my consciousness. This time, however, it had an opposite effect. The murky black ink blobs that stained my vision were suddenly pulled outwards and my vision was immediately returned to me.

I had half expected blinding light that would numb my eyes for a while, but that didn't quite happen. Well, so to say, contrasting to the outside temperature, this place was a little hot, evident from the symmetrical arrangement of candles that surrounded all four borders of the enclosed space I was in.

It wasn't too big of a room. The ceiling was something that caught my eye as it ventured upward before caving in. It was an uncanny architectural design that I hadn't seen before. In person, of course. On paper knowledge about such places exist though.

The walls seemed medieval, with the modern necessity of a layer of cement and plaster missing. There were a few skulls hanging as well.

Safe to say, they were real. They seemed quite old. Bones decay but much slower than other organic materials---mostly due the fibrous mix of collagen fibers impregnated with calcium phosphate. In warm, damp environments, bacteria and fungi will attack the collagen protein and the bones will crumble over the course of a few years. But this place was neither well-aerated nor did it had the requirements that could hasten the procedure.

Well, this place really is creepy.

"Good morning, sleepy beauty," the man from before with pure white hair said as he emerged from the flickering shadow of an almost dying candle. He had a huge grin over his face. While he was quite tall already---around 190 centimeters---the elongated shadow behind made him look even more imposing.

How scary. I want to go ho- school.

"Good evening." I replied as he raised a brow and brought his face extremely close to mine. I could feel his breath over my face. Uncomfortably so.

"Ohh? Your perception of 'Time' is quite good." He complimented with a grin, flashing his pearl white teeth.

Flashy.

"Um, I have a question." I spoke, my hands still tied to the back of the chair.

He looked at me and then at the ropes as he facepalmed, "Tell me, who tied you like this?"

Is he for real?

"I just woke up."

"..."

Despite the blindfold over his eyes, he seemed to be peering deep into my soul as he lowered to my eye level. The fact that he could see with an opaque textured blindfold on was already quite eerie to witness.