Chapter 3.

KIYOTAKA AYANOKOUJI

After the brief introduction to the curses and curse techniques, or in summarised form, Jujutsu, the man named Gojo, or rather Gojo-sensei took me with himself.

Right now, we were walking on a stone paved way. Trees lined the whole perimeter of the school, covering every wall as they spread in all 4 directions. On either side of the thin stone path was rich soil, beautiful flowers blooming in precise distances from each other. They bloomed in a myriad of colours, their scent wafting and casting an ethereal and numbing sensation.

Yesterday, I was presented with an ultimatum. Either I accept his offer of becoming a Jujutsu sorcerer or he will kill me. While I would've doubted him, he didn't seem to waver from his tone at all. And given his personality, I knew he liked to defy orders even if it's from people at a higher level than him, so it was highly possible he'd kill me.

Gojo-sensei's steps made no sound. If he wasn't visible, one could never know if he is actually around. His presence, his intent... everything was shrouded beneath a tangible veil of nonchalance and overflowing confidence that he never left his face.

We walked for a while before he turned towards me, "You'll be enrolling next year. Until then I want you to get some basic training." He said as he turned to the right, wavering from the path that led us to inside the school.

"Basic training?" I asked, knowing where this was going but asked regardless to confirm my suspicions.

"Yeah. You will be going away from here," he replied as I looked away from him. I wasn't looking anywhere particularly. I just had an empty gaze, looking in the direction of my nose, intently, almost as if I was hoping to look past everything---literally and figuratively.

As we were walking, I saw a boy turn around the corner. "Ah, sensei, Good Morning." He greeted with a subtle bow and then looked at me. He was relatively tall, around 5'9 although still looked much shorter when compared to Gojo-sensei. He was a slim young boy with fair skin and green eyes. His hair was uniquely styled with raven-black in colour and long spikes that jut out in every direction around his head, resembling a sea-urchin.

Weird choice of fashion but not an unwelcomed one.

"Oh, Megumi." Gojo said as he wraped his arm around his neck and pulled him in. Pointing his finger towards he smiled while flashing his teeth, "This right here is going to be your classmate starting next year. Get along well."

....

...and just like that he started leaving.

"Come back here!" The boy named Megumi shouted at him as Gojo stopped.

"You should try having some friend, Megumi." Gojo replied.

Is he doing this on purpose or is he really that careless? As they exchanged in a banter, Gojo smacked his fist into his palm. "Oh, I know! How about you two do a spar?"

"Are you really serious? He is a non-sorcerer."

"Is he now?" Gojo said as he looked at me, "you aren't looking well enough, Megumi. Get inside the dojo. Let's have you two fight, right now."

Oh well...

What a good start in this new high school.

(***)

Long story short, Gojo-sensei is making me fight the black-haired boy, Megumi. While he isn't a student here, much as myself, he is well versed in channeling cursed energy, at least when compared to me.

"Since Kiyotaka here can't channel his cursed energy, yet, do not use it as well, Megumi. Got me?" Gojo-sensei spoke from the corner of the dojo as he sat on a chair. Megumi nodded in response; however, I raised my hand.