Part 22

Author's Note: I bolded the POVs since they are changing a lot in this chapter :) 

_______________________________

Kaaya POV

Ruben and I spent a few days in the cottage while we formulated a plan to capture Adler. We decided that we weren't going to make the trap in time so I should bait Adler while Ruben works on the trap at the mountain. While Adler is distracted with me, Ruben will implement the trap and capture him. It wasn't a solid plan, but it was the best we came up with so far. The first course of action was actually heading over the mountain which take a few days. Before we started our journey, Ruben had to head over to the village and get a couple of supplies and extra food and water since I am now shunned from it. I decide to pack our limited supplies while she went out to get more stuff. 

"Kaaya." She says my gruffly while I look up at her tall frame. She hands me a couple of other items which I pack into a bag we decided to take. Honestly, it is nice to have some company instead of facing all of this alone all the time. I smile gratefully at her which prompts her eyes to grow wide and look away. 

"Alright! I think we are ready! Let's go!" I lift the bag and slightly pant at its weight when its suddenly taken out of my hands. "Oh, thanks I guess." She just narrows her eyes down at me at continues to walk out the door. Ever since we made up after our fight, she has been saying less to me. I am not sure if that's good thing or a bad thing. 

Adler POV 

I rush across the oceans in a desperate attempt to see my lovely darling as soon as possible. Even though I promised her that my path is much longer, I believe that I will reach the mountain within the next few days or so. With her cute little human legs, it would take at least a week to reach the mountain where I will be waiting for her with open arms. I smile happily to myself. She's going to be all mine. 

I sigh as I continue to swim through the ocean and daydream of Kaaya and I's future life together. I wonder what I our children would look like...

Tyer POV

After I saw Kaaya make that speech on the village podium and run away, I haven't seen her since. I missed her so much. She doesn't understand that I am the only one who could protect her. I can protect her from Archis and damned disgusting sea monster. I am the only one for her. 

I have looked around the whole village, but I can't find her anywhere. A few days ago, the villagers found the body of Archis a bit deeper in the woods. Sadly, he wasn't dead. But, someone did lay some good punches on him. Perhaps, the same person kidnapped Kaaya. I decide to explore the region where everyone found Archis in hopes to find some clues as to where Kaaya may be. 

Once I reach the place, I close my eyes and listen to the surroundings around. You see, apart from Kaaya, of course, my interests include hunting. After I marry Kaaya, I planned to work in the village as a hunter for animals or anything else that could benefit the village. I have sharpened my senses keenly after I realized that Kaaya could be in danger from not only other pathetic humans like Archis, but creatures of the unknown like that stupid kraken creature. 

I was so happy when I saw Kaaya back at our village. I have spent ages looking for her only for her to be taken yet once again. I swear I will kill whoever dares to try and steal her away from me. She is mine god dammit since the beginning. 

I hear faint rustling sounds coming from the West so I decide to start in that direction. Just wait Kaaya, I will come and save you. My precious Kaaya. 

Kaaya POV 

Ruben and I finished packing around an hour ago and we have started trekking toward the mountain. The incline of the hills makes my legs strain, but I ignore it and continue to push myself especially since Ruben seems have no problem continuing to climb up. 

Another hour in, my pace gradually slows while I see Ruben continuing to trek ahead. Dang, how much stamina does she have? Seeming to read my thoughts, Ruben turn around and stares at me in annoyance as I try to catch up as fast as I can. 

"Whattt?" I ask panting a bit. "Isn't a girl allowed to get tired or anything?" I ask a bit jealous of much energy she has. Gosh, I am really out of shape. 

"Should I just carry you?" I look at her shocked, trying to detect hints of sarcasm in her voice. 

"W-what?" I ask flustered. 

"You heard me." Oh. I guess she wasn't being sarcastic then. 

"U-um, I am go- ah!" I am suddenly hoisted over Ruben's shoulder. "H-hey! Let go of me!" I try to protest, mostly worried that I am going to be too heavy. 

She ignores me and continues to trek forward as if I weighed nothing. Well, this escalated rather quickly. I cover my face in embarrassment as I try to not be too much of a burden she continues to stride forward. 

Ruben POV 

Annoying little girl. Can't even walk herself without needing someone to take care of her. I smirk to myself. Well, I can take of her in more ways than one. Definitely better than b*tch Archis tried to do. My mood soured. That f*cker. 

I feel Kaaya relax more into me as her breaths became deeper. She's asleep. I peek at her face over my shoulder. Cute. She cuddles more into me as I adjust her position and the pack behind me. 

I know I was a bit rude at the assembly. It's just that I hate people who think they know everything in life. This little girl thought she had the whole world wrapped around her fingers. She needed to be proven otherwise. Nothing in this world is fair. 

In fact, its good that I interrupted before some old fool decided to call her out. They wouldn't have gone as easy on her as I did. Yeah, she's lucky. 

She needs someone to guide her in this world. Someone like me. Little girls shouldn't be roaming the world all by themselves. They need someone to take care of them. 

After hearing her explanation with this b*tch creature Adler, I knew that her gullible nature would cause her to give more than what she wants. That thing is obsessed with her. It already tricked into going through with this race, who knows what else it will trick her into doing?

Yeah, its a real good thing she has me. Little girls need someone bigger and stronger to protect them. That person is me. And only me.