Part 11

The next morning heavy knocking on my door. It is definitely Adler and I contemplated running away, but I decide there is nowhere to run to so facing him it is. I take a deep breath and open the door. Adler walked in my one-room house without any warning.

"Kaaya, I am pleased that you followed through our deal. Well, I would have found you anyway. This is just the easier way and less painful way to do it." I resist the urge to roll my eyes and curse out at him. To think that I thought he was nice and pitiful. This manipulative liar, seriously! He grabs my arm to lead me, but I yank my arm away from him and he gives an unreadable look.

I follow him for about half an hour before we reach the river that he will be swimming in. I look at the land near the river. It's grassy, but it isn't that tall so I could still run in it. Trees surround both sides of the river so I pick the right side because the grass seems shorter there. Adler looks at me before hopping in the water, his tentacles surround him, stretching. Well at least he is human form. The race will start in 10 minutes so I start stretching my legs.

Tyer POV

Where did she go!? I know it's still morning, but Kaaya is usually outside reading or something. Is she avoiding me? No, she probably is missing me at this moment. I know I am. I should find her. She needs me.

I know we are on awkward terms right now, but soon she will learn to accept my feeling for her. She will not only be my best friend, but also my lover - my other half.

I walk around this new village. I sigh when I remember how Kaaya took leadership just yesterday. She looked so strong, but I could still feel the nervousness vibe coming off of her. She is perfect and she is mine.

I run my hands through my hair in frustration as I looked through every corner of the village. She did come with us...didn't she?

I have to ask Kaaya's family (my future in laws). Maybe they know where she went. As I approach their house, I notice them frantically running around. So they can't find her either? D------!

Kaaya, I am sorry for being a possessive b------, but you should know that I really love you. I will find you and save you from whatever supernatural nonsense is going.

Kaaya POV

After 10 minutes, Adler looks at me and smirks. That arrogant fool. I ignore his smirk and face forward, ready in my men's pants as a dress would obviously not be suitable. We start counting at the same time.

"5,

              4,

                         3,

                                     2,

                                                 1.

                                                               GO!"