🌟 Fates Inevitable Separation 💥

-Angst,
- Stephenson x Betelgeuse,
-Requested by: Romancus

⚠️ TW ⚠️ : slight blood.

(I recommend playing the song above throughout this chapter, it has no connection whatsoever, just gives a nice vibe.)

*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚+

Tears prickled at the corner of Betelgeuses eyes. He gripped his sleeves tightly, curled up into a ball.

He grinded his teeth as he punched the wall out of pure anger, blood seeped through his knuckles. Betelgeuse dismissed the pain, only hissing when he punched a little too hard.

He couldn't believe this was happening. Why now? Questions swarmed his head as more and more blood accumulated in his palm, now dripping on the floor.

Every drop of blood felt like a needle stabbing into him. He muffled his sobs into his legs, propped up against his chest.

He never really understood the saying 'fate is cruel.', but now it was crystal clear.

No matter how fast, or how slow you run, fate will always catch up. It's almost like a script. At one point your end will come, and it's up to fate to make it unbearably cruel, or a blissful ending.

He felt weak. Miserable. Despondent. His body finally gave up, leaning against the wall. He continued to quietly weep, careful to not bring unwanted attention.

He looked up with hazy eyes, tears slowly sliding down his cheek. He was going to lose his place in the night sky soon, but he won't go down without a fight.

He cautiously got up, pain pulsating throughout his body. Betelgeuse took a wobbly step before falling back down. He hissed in pain, knowing damn well that was gonna leave a bruise.

With a shaky sigh, he mentally scolded himself. First, he couldn't even control his anger, now he can't stand up? What a disappointment.

He hugged his knees, tears dropping every now and then. His arms felt weak, he would've cleaned the blood on his knuckles, but his body just wouldn't cooperate.

Negative thoughts filled his mind, not an ounce of positivity or hope was left for the red supergiant.

That was, until, a thought struck his mind, he had a symposium today. Not just any symposium, though. This one was mandatory. Every star had to attend wether they liked it or not.

His body stiffened, how was he supposed to get out of this one? He'd have to come up with a good lie.

Tears glided down his cheek, for what felt like the 6th time. He wasn't usually like this, he'd typically keep his cool. 'assertive', one might describe him.

He'll just stay here until the burning sensation in his body leaves, Betelgeuse knew it was pathetic, But it was efficient enough.

Still, the thought of laying here, hopelessly, felt pitiful. He drawed blood from his palm, as his fingernails deepened, leaving marks.

He wasn't purposefully doing this, he was just incensed.

Betelgeuse softly bit his lip, looking down in shame. He'd rather die than for someone to see him in this condition.

💫*゚⁠+。🌙

Stephenson was bored out of his mind.

He placed his cheek in his hand, an unamused look plastered on his face. It seemed like most stars shared the same emotion as him.

To his surprise, Lalande 21185 stood up, booing the star presenting his idea, HD 43197. Stephenson quietly snickered.

In return, HD 43197 just flipped him off while still reading the paper in his hands. Most stars couldn't compress their laughter.