🪐 Insecurities 💔

-Angst to fluff,
-Jupiter x Saturn,
-Made for fun.

*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚+

For once, it was peaceful in the system today.

No screaming, no crying, nothing, it almost seemed unreal. Especially for Jupiter and Saturn.

The difference was, one of the gas giants had come across a certain, problem..

Saturn. The gem of the system, some may say. With his flawless rings drapped around him, flashing in a mesmerizing way, it was impossible to not stare.

With all the recognition and love, surely your ego must be high?

Wrong.

Saturn stared at his wrists, rings flowing across in a neat order. His rings were a pale shimmering pink, with hues of gray and a hint of brown. His dark-side rings glow in shades of beautiful brown, and gold.

Don't get him wrong, he appreciated all the comments about his rings and appearance, but sometimes it can be a little... too much.

Due to all the compliments, people admire and awe him.

Whenever Saturn feels unworthy, he isn't brave enough to tell anybody about his issues, since people hold him at such a high standard.

It sometimes felt like a burden to reply to all the compliments he gets.

Saturn felt tears form as he wiped them away with his sleeve, holding back a wave of tears.

He took in a shaky breathe, repeating the processes over, and over, until he felt serene.

Something about him.. just didn't satisfy him enough. Whether it was his rings out of place, his color scheme, something always seemed out of place, at least to him.

Yet, he can't exactly pin on what he feels bad about.

It was getting harder and harder to maintain his facade in public. Constantly looking down at the floor, or checking his rings every few minutes, it was beginning to feel frustrating to hold back the constant urge.

Little did he know, some planets have began to catch on to all these weird checkings, one of them was a certain neighbor of his..

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a child like voice coming up to Saturn, one of his moons, Mimas.

He slowly wobbled towards Saturn, stopping in front of him with an exhausted sigh. It was quite hard to walk for Mimas, his jacket was so puffy, it made it difficult to even stand. Not to mention the scarf tied around his neck, covering his mouth. With his big snow boots paired with the outfit, it was actually quite cute.

Saturn stared at the scarf, his eyes softened. He remembered the day he gifted the scarf to Mimas, ever since then, there hasn't been a single day he took the scarf off, it was starting to become a problem when he wouldn't even sleep without it.

Saturn smiled and kneeled down to his height. "Whatcha need kid?"

Mimas placed a finger on his covered chin, thinking. Saturns heart melted.

Suddenly, Mimas eyes widen when he remembers, "Oh!- Titan says that you're taking an awful lot of time, and umm.." he trailed off, his memory isn't exactly the best.

Saturn smiled and patted his shoulder, "Don't worry about the rest, let's go back, yeah?" Mimas nodded his head, as he reached his arms out, towards Saturn.

Saturn softly smiled, picking Mimas up for a piggy back ride.

During the walk towards the rest of his moons, adverse thoughts filled his mind up. Mimas was enjoying himself to his full extent, silently cheering, stars in eyes at how high he is right now.