Ch-1 A silvery moon and A golden sun

It was the devil's hour, and the entire school was asleep, It's corridors, quiet as a grave.

Dorm - 3100, two boys lay there on their beds, icy winds blowing through an open window. He tossed and turned on his cot, muttering words of fright as a sudden wind knocked off a lamp, which was once elegantly set on the wooden nightstand. The crashing noise woke him up, cold sweat dripping down his forehead as he gasped for air. "a dream...." he muttered under his breath, calming his racing heart. Alex looks around and gets off the bed, walking towards the lamp as he bent down to collect its broken fragments. He winced in pain as a glass cut through his skin, like knife would pass through butter. Sucking on the blood, he walks towards the lattice window and peers out, into the night.

It was the same every day since the past year. He got dreams, or perhaps nightmares- The same one every night.

Gleaming daggers

A woman in pain,

with eyes full of hate  

and one black scorpion 

Alex walks up to his sleeping friend and reaches to shake him awake, but decides against it and walks towards the almirah instead. The wooden doors squeaking as he opened them and reached for the black fabric- a hoodie. Wearing it over his clothes, he walks towards the door, slipping his phone into his pocket on the way.

"Where are you going?" He heard a voice ask. It was groggy and sloppy.

Alex whirled around and looked at his friend. "You're up" he states simply.

"Another dream?" Ethan asked positioning himself to rest his back on the headboard.

Ethan was a 13-year-old male with sea-green eyes and a sharp jawline. A single golden streak ran across his dark brown hair which was almost falling over his eyes.  

Alex nods and Ethan moves towards him. "You have been having this dream since that event last year..." he said frowning "Do you know what it means?" 

Alex merely shook his head. 

"Well, let's get your mind off things" Ethan said as he grabbed his own hoodie and joined Alex at the door. 

"It's past curfew, you don't want to get in trouble with Mr. Viking" Alex remarked whilst taking out his phone to check the time, 3:46 AM. 

"Well, this isn't the first time we snuck out, now is it?" Ethan asked smiling, reaching for the doorknob. Alex chuckled softly and shook his head as they crept into the dark corridors. 

They move silently, the light from their phones illuminating the dark passage. As they ascend the stairs, they hear footsteps descending down the cemented stairways, coming towards them at a rapid pace. Alex's grey orbs move frantically as he searched for an escape route. The nearest floor was too far for them to make it on time and going back down would be too risky as their torchlights would be spotted and running without any light was no less than foolish. Time was running out and the footsteps got closer and closer by the passing second. Alex quickly turns off his torch and motion for Ethan to do the same. They dart towards a corner, pinning themselves against the wall, hiding amongst the shadows. 

The mellow light of a lantern came into view as a blurry man with salt pepper hair, dressed in a blue shirt and pant, descended down the staircase. Alex smiled at the sight and came out of hiding, Ethan following.

"You gave us quite a scare Logan" Alex said smiling. 

"Ah forgive me Alex my boy, I was just doing my duties as a janitor, I didn't mean to scare ya" said the man whose name was Logan. "I suppose you are going to the terrace, aye?"

Alex nodded.   

"I wonder what you two do up there.....you don't want to get caught by Mr.Paul! or what do you call him......Mr.Viking? I must say, it is quite a funny name. But don't tell him i said that, i would lose my job otherwise. " Logan said smiling "Well, if you two are going to the terrace, you wouldn't get there without this" he said pulling out a tiny metal key from his shirt pocket. "Mr. Paul has set locks on all the gates to stop 'certain students' from breaking curfew." 

"I wonder who they might be" Alex said sarcastically, smiling as he proceeded to ascend the staircase "A flimsy Lock isn't going to hinder me, I don't need the key." 

"You sure? You could save yourself a lot of trouble." Logan said, looking up at Alex's climbing form.

"You know how he is Logan, I'll take the key, thank you" Ethan said taking the tiny key off Logan's hand as he followed Alex to the terrace.

The night was cold, and an eerie silence filled the place. The terrace was illuminated by the moonlight, trees gleaming under its silvery glow. As Alex stood transfixed by the mesmerising beauty of the twinkling stars, Ethan worked his way with the lock, opening it with the key he got from the janitor, Logan.

The two boys walked onto the periphery of terrace floor as they took in the beauty of the night. An icy yet gently breeze, blew past them. They were thankful for the warmth of their hoodies. Ethan returned to his dorm after a few minutes, but Alex stayed, lost in deep thought as he stared into the void of trees and darkness.

Minutes turned into hours and soon the first rays of dawn could be seen peeking out from the horizon. The rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky. Golden fingers of sunlight lit up the scene. The just-risen sun shone softly on the trees below, bringing with it a flurry of early-morning activity. A breeze swept over the top of the trees, making its way through Alex's midnight black hair. The melodious pattering of two birds brought a smile to his face. Soon the sun was up high and coldness of the morning was replaced by the warmth of sun-rays.

Alex pulled his hoodie over his head and thrust his hands into its pockets, turning to head back to his dorm, with a thought lingering in his head. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope u enjoyed ^^

I do not own the above pic!

credits to gencraft!