Ch-6 Field Trip!

The subtle sound of the train rolling down the tracks was heard from afar as a sleek black train came into view from the far distance. There was a whiff of daylilies and cinnamon in the air that mixed with the excitement of the atmosphere. Freshmen had gathered around the lawn of the tracks with their luggage. Girls in their gaudy frocks and well dressed boys pattered on their steads whilst guarding their accoutrement for the woods!

Alex and Ethan were beaming with the wind blowing through their hair and lush sunlight splashing over the scene. Tiny butterflies flitted around as Anna reached the two boys whilst dragging her luggage. Her long brown hair fluttered with the wind as she approached them with a radiant smile. 

"Anna!" Ethan greeted her.

"Hiii ^^" Anna replied with a smile

The pitter-pattering soon was muffled by the clunking of the train that had halted at the spot. With a huge rush, the students boarded the large train, headed to their allotted placements. Mr.Paul dressed in his usual attire walked through the compartments to ensure the order of the process. The optimistic atmosphere was like a blanket enveloping the exciting and long awaited journey. 

Ethan, Alex and Anna. The trio marched harmoniously to their compartment, no. 17! Settling down, they hear the voice of the cheerful Mr.Paul ordering the engines to start moving. 

Clunking and screeching, the engine kicked into motion, pushing the sleek modern train down the iron tracks and into the cluster of lush mountains. The excitement of the trip was fresh and the sport for adventure prominent in the hearts of the one's boarding the train for the trip.

"So, Mr.Paul ended up accepting your apology, huh?" Ethan asked whilst chowing down on a granola bar. 

"of-course he did! it was a state of the art kind of apology! " Alex replied beaming

"That was not an apology! it was a sticky note with the word sorry written on it with clumsy handwriting!" Anna replied

"The handwriting was oxford scholarship worth! " Alex argued

"You wrote a sloppy single worded sorry on a pink sticky note and stuck it to mr.Paul's mirror, i asked you to write a lEtTeR! " Anna said hysterically

"I saved paper, ink, time and energy! the most important resources of mankind after air and water!" Alex said dismissing Anna with a wave of his hand.

Anna made an angry pout as Ethan chuckled at their bickering. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was late noon and the trip had took a start fresh in the morning. Alex was engaged with his phone while Anna had her eyes glued to a book. Ethan on the other hand was bored to death. Looking to and fro between his two friends he sighed to grab their attention. Noticing they didn't pay head to his action he sighed even once again. Yet again he failed to grab the attention of his friends, so he sighed yet another time, even louder this time. This went on till it sounded as if he was either gasping for air or choking. Anna giving up offered him water and asked him what the matter was, although her eyes were still glued to the book. 

"Im booooored" Ethan whined whilst slumping on his seat. 

"Try playing on you're phone" Alex suggested without looking up from his phone

 "you know i don't own one"

"how about u read a book?" Anna suggested whilst flipping a page.

"nahhh, reading hurts my head..."

Anna And Alex merely shrugged as they continued with their tasks.

"Cant we just-"

"NO" the duo interrupted Ethan before he could conclude with his statement 

Ethan threw his arm in the air, complaining "but i didn't even say anything! "

"We know what you want to say Ethan" Alex sighed

"You want us to do something together don't you?" Anna asked looking and Ethan with a soft smile and an angelic aura

Ethan's eyes welled with tears of joy as he asked "so you would?"

"no" anna replied dryly and went back to reading

Ethan dead panned as he sighed and gazed out the window. Then the light bulb on his head lit up! with sly eyes he peeked at his friends from the corner of his eyes, planing his move strategically and within a fraction of second reached for Alex's phone but missed by an inch as Alex skilfully lifted his phone just out of Ethan's reach. He was clearly used to Ethan's shenanigans.  Ethan on the other hand ended up falling from his seat. 

Groaning in pain from the impact he slouched back on to his seat 

"i think i broke a rib.." he muttered 

.

.

.

Minutes passed into hours and soon the trio was fast asleep, slumped on their seats and sprawled  across their steads in weird positions. The train swept past the cluster of trees and hill. The sun was setting and pinkish glow lit up the evening sky. A jolt woke them up with a start as they groaned. 

"Everything hurts T^T" Anna remarked craning her neck. 

The two males could only nod in response for they where still groggy from their, not-so-blissful nap. 

The rest of the trip was uneventful and passed without much notice. Soon enough night fell and the student fell asleep. The moon shone brightly over the black skies and the twinkling stars seemed to be diamonds studded on a black satin cloth enveloping the earth. The distant mountains and trees were now mere silhouettes and the distant hooting of an owl echoed through the forest, with the sound of chirping crickets. The various night sounds made a dreary orchestra of it's own that was eerie enough to give chills to the dead. 

The next day would be an eventful one where the trio finally arrives at their destination. For now, They could seen sleeping peacefully through the train window......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not own the above pic! 

credits to gencraft!