Ch-5 What happened last night?

Have u ever wondered what lies beyond the stars? a whole new universe lies unexplored! your imaginations reach the vast depths of the never-ending space, going far beyond the galaxies and auroras. Crossing nebula's and black holes, you keep going to a seamless destination. In a sudden moment, ur motion stops and your pulled back to earth with great reclining force. The starry sky is covered by an envelope of dark clouds and heavy rain pours down from the sky.  Thunder rumbles, and the sound reverberates through the dimly lit halls. 

3 am

......The corridors were empty and the students asleep. An eerie shadow passed through the halls, leaving behind a stench of rotting bodies.
The cloaked figure floated across the corridors and halted upon a wooden door.

'Dorm 3100'

The moonlight passed through the lattice windows, and reflected on to the dark room.

gentle snoring was heard, with the slow rhythm of steady breathing and the gentle rise and fall off a boy's chest. His hair, black as midnight. On the other side of the room, the cot was empty. 

The hinges squeaked as the wooden door opened. The shadow loomed over the dorm, as it approached the sleeping boy. Its shrivelled hand reached for his face, inching to the crescent moon shaped birthmark on his neck, below his left ear. 

It was a perfect black crescent moon with two stars, one larger than the other. As it's hand inched closer and closer, Alex's face begun freezing with the ice-cold aura of the cursed spirit. His features became to be covered with frost as blood drained from his face and his breath shallowed. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Elsewhere, the sturdy thud of boots echoed through the great hall, as a man raced through the corridors, panicked. His moves swift and quick. The lantern he held rocked to and fro, it's flame dancing in the dark. His steps where hurried and panicked, yet they had a unique grace to them. 
His leather coat swayed with his rapid movements as he made curt turns and he thought of only thing.
'Pls be safe Alex'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The cloaked figure reached closer and closer for the birthmark

The shrivelled hand then came to an abrupt stop, it's black talons inches away from the mark. The door flung open with a crashing sound that was muffled by a wave of thunder. The flashing light produced a shadow of a man. He looked around frantically and saw Alex's sleeping form. The cloaked figure had long gone, dissipated in shadows, not leaving a single trace of its being. 

The man entered the dorm and touched Alex's face. It had regained its warmth and colour. Mr. Paul sighed as he placed the lantern down and stroked Alex's hair. After what seemed like an hour, he picked up Alex and threw him over his shoulder. Lifting the lantern in the other hand, he left the dorm, turning right to his own room. As Mr.Paul made a cut through the corridors, Ethan came in from the left, headed towards his dorm with groggy eyes. Being sleepy as he was, he failed to notice Mr.Paul. leaving the dorm with Alex on his shoulder like a sack-bag. Entering his dorm, he plopped onto his bed and nodded off into a dreamless sleep, unaware of the events that had transpired or the impending danger that had nearly befallen upon his dear friend. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(p.s sorry the chapter was so short, even tho the events of this dreadful night holds a great magnitude, the events are only so much! )

also, the above pic is made by AI

credits to gencraft