Ch-2 Betrothed?

As Alex slowly entered his dorm, he found Ethan sprawled across the bed, snoring peacefully. Removing his hoodie, Alex threw his towel over his shoulder, as he entered the bathroom. The hot shower was pleasant and relaxing. Alex quickly dried himself and got dressed. He noticed Ethan stirring up slowly.

"Finally you're up" Alex stated, drying his hair.

"Were you up all night?" Ethan asked in a sleepy tone.

Alex shrugged "So, any plans for today?"

"I don't know, the summer vacation has just begun, which means the field trip should be soon." Ethan said enthusiastically. 

Alex nodded, smiling "I hope we go somewhere good this time, last time we were supposed to go to that waterpark, but it got cancelled because of the rain"

"Yeah, that sucked. We ended up visiting mister Mr. Vikings house." Ethan replied

"His mom stuffed us all with more food than I could imagine!" Alex said chuckling at the memory.

Ethan too, took a quick shower and got dressed. The two boys headed to the cafeteria.

"Alex!" they heard the familiar high pithed voice. They turn around to see a short girl with cropped blonde hair and bangs, cool blue eyes and cheerful smile, coming towards them. Her cute small frock swaying as she walked.

"Oh no! distract her" Alex said panicked as he walked away quickly.

"Alyy! Wait!" The girl cried as she reached the spot where Ethan was standing, but before she could chase after him, Ethan spoke up.

"Elizabeth! How are you?" he asked smiling

"Oh, hi Ethan! I'm fine! But I miss Ally...." She said pouting.

"You do know that he doesn't like that nickname, right?" Ethan asked as his green orbs scanned the vicinity, trying to find Alex. He spotted him moving inconspicuously through the pillars. He noticed Elizabeth gazing around as well, so he stood in front of her, blocking her view from Alex.

"Hey, so do u wanna eat something? I have some chocolates, you love them right? Come on let's go to my dorm." Ethan said dragging Elizabeth away from the cafeteria.

"But I want to see ally...." she said trying to get away from Ethan's iron grip, failing.

Alex watched as Ethan dragged Elizabeth out of the huge cafeteria doors. He sighs in relief as he slumped against the pillar that had concealed him.  

"Who are you hiding from?" a voice asked

Alex got startled and fell on his butt. He groaned in pain as he looked up to the owner of the voice.

"careful" She said helping Alex up.

"Anna, where did you come from?" he asked rubbing his back.

Anna Greyson was a 12 year old female with long, dark brown hair that reached her waist and hazel like eyes. Anna was a smart girl, who always came first in class, the knowledge radiating from her.

"Who was that girl?" She asked squinting her eyes "Why were you hiding from her?"

"uh....i don't know what you're talking about!" Alex said scratching the back of his head.

"Alex!" Ethan said suddenly appearing behind him.

"Gaah!!!" Alex screamed as he fell on his butt again. "oww..." he groaned as he used the pillar to lift himself up.

"ilockedElizabethinourroom!" Ethan said quickly.

"Huh?" Alex and Anna asked in unison.

"I locked Elizabeth in our room!" Ethan repeated, much slower this time.

Alex looking at Ethan with a twisted expression, "What?!" 

"I said I locked-"

"No! I heard you the first the time....second time....whatever, it was a 'why would u do that' kind of what." Alex explained, shaking his head.

"Who's Elizabeth?" Anna asked curiously.

"She's betrothed to Alex." Ethan said, earning a glare from Alex.

"Betrothed?! You're engaged? " Anna asked bewildered.

"not exactly" Alex replied. He sighed and begun explaining.

"Elizabeth is the daughter of the women who runs the orphanage I came from, and we were meant to be betrothed since birth"

"oh" 

"We better find Elizabeth before she creates a ruckus...." Alex replied as he ran towards his dorm, Ethan and Anna following.

They opened the wooden door of the dorm, and enter. They see Elizabeth wearing a large hoodie, giggling.

"Ally!" She screamed as she saw Alex, and ran into his arms. "I knew you would come to see me! Your stupid friend dragged me away from you!" She said pouting.

"He's Ethan, of-course he is stupid, and what are you wearing?" Alex asked making a face.

"Your hoodie of course! it's so warm, and it smells like you too" She said sniffing the hoodie.

Alex begun chuckling "That's not my hoodie" he said

"Huh?" Elizabeth asked, tilting her head, confused.

"It's mine" Ethan replied sheepishly.

Elizabeth became horror-stricken as she slowly looked at the hoodie she was wearing. She immediately removed it, throwing it far away.

"Ew!" she exclaimed, "I smell like you know!" Elizabeth whined.

"i.....i don't smell bad...." Ethan said looking down like a sad puppy.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked dead panning.

Elizabeth looked hurt as tears begun welling in her eyes. "A-ally? I came to s-see you a-and you're s-so m-mean..." She replied shaking. "Your sister set half the orphanage on fire! And broke my mom's glasses. She offered to help my mommy walk, as she can't see without her glasses. But she led mommy to a well, and mommy fell!"

Anna's eyes widened at this and Ethan chuckled.

"Mommy was about to kick her out! But I convinced mommy and she let your sister stay! but you're being mean!" Elizabeth continued, glossy tears streaming down her cheeks.

Alex sighed and moved to brush her tears away. "I'm sorry Elizabeth, I didn't sleep well. So, what brings you here?" He asked in a sweeter voice this time.

"I bought you some cookies!" She exclaimed rummaging her bag, and took out a cute pink box, handing it too Alex. Your friends can have some as well" she said smiling cutely. Alex nodded and placed the cookies on the table.

Anna reached for Alex's arm and pulled him out of the room, while Ethan kept Elizabeth company.

"Elizabeth, how old is she?" Anna asked

"two years younger than me- ten, the same as my sister" Alex said casually

"does she know that ur betrothed?"

"no, not yet, she will in a few years, tho" Alex said

"i see, but do these things exist,  even now? "

Alex merely shrugged. 

Anna stood there bewildered. She watched as Alex ushered Elizebeth out of his room and bid her goodbye, ruffling her short hair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(i do not own the above pic)