Ch-7 The Woods

WARNING this chapter may contain mentions of blood and macabre

There was greenery as far as the eye could see. Lush green leaves of trees and bushes shone softly under the morning sun. The fresh morning breeze brought with it a musky and rich aroma. Dew had settled on leaves and the flowers begun to bloom. footsteps imprinted on the wet forest floor as the students marched into the woods. 

Morning had come early and the freshmen were now following Mr.Paul to their destination. 

"How much longer ?" a girl from the crowd wailed "my feet hurt! "

"it's been five minutes since we got here! stop whining like a baby!" a boy replied from the crowd. He had light brown hair and emerald green eyes, behind a pair of heavy blue spectacles. He walked like a duck, with his feet shaped as a V and strutted rather demurely in with the crowd. Lucas miller was one of the wealthiest amongst the students, and he had a proud aura encircling him, similar to that of Anna's. 

"yeah! stop whining like a baby" 

A chubby red head said, echoing the words of the boy, his accent thick, dripping from every word like a leaky pipe. 

"now now Lucas and Tom, let's not be rude! " Mr.Paul said as he continued to lead on the throng. "we'll be there soon my moon-pie, just a few more more minutes."

Anna who was walking next to Alex muttered in a slow whisper "why must he act like a brat all the time?"

Alex who was walking casually with his hands stuffed in his pockets, merely closed his eye and shrugged. Placing his hands at the back of his head "just like you" 

Anna shot him a glare and Alex peeked open one eye and smirked. Anna in turn stuck her tongue out. Ethan watching this decided to chime in and cut their daily bickering. 

"guys! what's the time?" he asked throwing his arms around them.

Alex reached to take his phone when he spotted something in the near distance. He halted abruptly causing Ethan to lose his footing and trip, dragging both Anna and Alex with him onto the ground. Anna in turn caught hold of Lucas' sleeve, who in turn caught tom and five of them fell onto the forest floor in a messy lump. Mr.Paul who was busy cheering on the crowd whilst commanding a beat of 'left, right, left' failed to notice and continued to perambulate forward. By the time the five of them picked themselves up, the students had gone out of sight. 

"Well done Anna! " Lucas snarled

"Ethan!" Anna in turn glared at the poor emerald eyed boy

Ethan decided to turn towards Alex, but before he could say anything Alex accused him too for losing balance.

Ethan saw the four of them glaring at him and so looked down like a sad puppy and apologised 

"How do we get to camp now?" Anna asked 

"follow the footsteps, simple!" Alex shrugged, " but before that, i wanna check something out"

"We should follow Mr.Paul" Lucas insisted "do whatever you want, im leaving!"

"Sure" Alex shrugged "but bears attack those in groups of two! "

"b-bears?" Lucas and tom stuttered

Alex smirked at this "What? are u scared?" 

"of-cource n-not" Lucas said 

"great! ba bye then! " 

saying this the trio marched in the direction Alex was leading them to, leaving lucas and tom behind.