17

Perhaps because I took good medicine and had a good rest, I was able to move comfortably the next day.

“The medicine the Emperor takes… it’s nice.”

Of course, Raniero would never suffer from muscle aches like this, so it might be a bit presumptuous to call it the ‘medicine for the Emperor.’

Conceivably because of the medicine, I fell asleep yesterday without Raniero’s permission. It wasn’t until I woke up in the morning that I was startled by my own frivolity. Then, the next moment I was like, ‘Huh…? How could I not be surprised? I slept without permission yesterday though it looks like my neck is still intact.’

When I woke up in the morning and asked Cisen, she said that Raniero stayed until after midnight and left only at dawn.

“When I slept… did I sleep strangely?”

At my question, Cisen asked back with a curious expression.

“Sleeping strangely, you mean…?

“Did I make a strange expression or weird pose?”

…Why would Raniero look at my sleeping face? I wasn’t sure why he would not leave earlier if I had fallen asleep. Still, it seemed that Cisen did not quite understand what I was saying, so I just waved my hand and asked another question instead.

“When did His Majesty tell me to go out to the tourney hall?”

I thought I was going to have dynamic hunting training with him today. However, upon hearing my words, Cisen’s expression suddenly darkened.

“He didn’t say anything…”

“If he didn’t, you should have asked!”

I pulled my hair out before she could finish her words. I couldn’t bear to say anything bad to her—I couldn’t… So instead, my hair was sacrificed.

Being loyal was everything…! Why was she doing this to me?

Cisen repeatedly kept saying that she was really sorry and stopped me.

Still, it was only a little while before I had to get to the hall, and I must be there before Raniero no matter what. Although the Empress’s grooming process was long and meticulous, today, I passed everything quickly with that in mind.

Let’s not forget, life is more important than dignity…
I then sprinted to the gym, pretending to be ignorant of the members of the Imperial Palace who were gazing at me.

When I reached the gym, I was already out of breath and thought I’d die if I kept going like this. As I placed my hands both on my knees and took a breath, it seemed that there were only knights training all around while Raniero was nowhere to be seen.

…Thank god.

“Whoo. That’s a relief…”

“Did you just wake up now?”

“Euaakk—!”

Raniero appeared from behind me again this time. Even though it was really the same pattern, though every time, I was still continuously surprised by him. As I screamed loudly, I hurriedly covered my mouth with both hands and rolled my eyes. I could barely glance at Raniero.

“You’re lazy. It’s past ten.”

“Sorry… I’m sorry.”

“I’ve been waiting  for two hours.”

“Heup—”

…Two hours?

Covering my mouth, I blinked my eyes wide. Did I make this crazy man wait for two hours…?