74

“Do you remember when you collapsed?”

When Seraphina asked as she placed the tray she had brought on a low table, I stared at her face for a moment, dumbfounded, before coming to my senses.

“Ah, yes…”

“I heard you’ve been walking for seventeen days through the winter wilderness. You didn’t even have proper clothes on until you arrived in the nearby village.”

As she spoke, it sounded like I had traveled a very difficult path.

I blushed.

“Fortunately, it wasn’t too difficult.”

Instead of being dramatic, I replied with humility, which went against my usual principles. It might be the influence of the saint right in front of me. Seraphina then opened her mouth again, casting a shadow with her long eyelashes over her cheek.

“Even trained paladins don’t excel in such reckless actions.”

‘…It was a path suggested by the trained paladin, Eden.’

“The paladin who came with you is also exhausted, so he’s resting now.”

“Ah…”

I awkwardly brought my hands together and looked at her. She, who was speaking without looking at me, straightened her posture. She wore a friendly look on her face between words as she persisted.

“Well, please sit. I’ve brought some food.”

I walked to the table, keeping an eye on her subtle cues. Two bowls of soup made with potatoes and bread were steaming, emitting a fragrant aroma. As I sat down and looked at Seraphina, she also took her seat at last.

“I’m Seraphina.”

She introduced herself in a very composed tone. Somehow, caught in the tension myself, I blurted out my words.

“I’m…”

What should I introduce myself as? If it were three weeks ago, I would’ve introduced myself as Angelica Unro Actilus.

I lowered my head.

“I’m Angelica.”

“Angelica.”

I already know who she is, but I asked anyway.

“You’re the Saint of Tunia, right?”

Her bright blue eyes seemed to momentarily cloud over as Seraphina lifted a wooden spoon with a gentle smile.

“That’s how it’s known.”

She began to eat the potato soup. Her movements were graceful. Even at the relaxed dining table, where everyone’s habits were most apparent, and tensions were eased, not a single unnecessary gesture was visible in her every movement.

I was impressed.

Someone who could control their body so well and still have a sense of ease tended to start directing themselves in a certain direction. It was about exuding an atmosphere of wanting to show something to the other person.

I was the same way. The original owner of this body was a princess, and people like me tended to notice how the other person was trying to present themselves. Nevertheless, Seraphina was behaving naturally. Whether it was an exceptionally well-crafted performance that even I couldn’t discern or just genuine naturalness, it was admirable. From her emanated a modest elegance that only those who didn’t adorn themselves could exhibit.

At that moment, I realized why I was so tense.

…Seraphina was kind but overwhelming.

Throughout the meal, she never uttered a word. Perhaps it was a matter of etiquette in the temple, so I, too, closed my mouth and started eating. The potato soup was truly so delicious that it brought tears to my eyes. Between her and me, neither of us made any sound of utensils clinking, making the mealtime incredibly tranquil. After the meal was over, Seraphina placed her empty bowl and utensils on the wooden tray, clearing them to one side.