13

Raniero smiled joyfully as I had an embarrassed face.

“Why do you have that face?”

“Yo, Your Majesty.”

Shocked, I pressed both my cheeks with my palms after processing what he had said and slowly opened my mouth.

“I’m not good enough for hunting. How can a hunter—”

“Can you become a hunter only when you have the upper hand over a prey?”

Well, seeing the men who haven’t caught a single minnow in half a day call themselves anglers, there’s nothing that makes me not a hunter… However, the preys are assigned weapons as well, right…?

What if I get stabbed to death?

“You have nothing to worry about. Prey cannot harm the hunter. That’s the rule.”

Lies.

Deer released as prey on the hunting grounds sometimes pummeled the hunter’s chest. And, for 『 Flowers Bloom In The Abyss 』 this is the worldview where this happens, as was the case with the human hunting game.

What did His Majesty say then?

“Ah, as expected.”

He roughly said something like that, right?

…Did he know about this? Is he expecting this to happen?!
​​
Of course, I could only question Raniero in my mind.
​​
They were destined to die there, anyway.

If they endure for three hours, would they survive? However, the hunter is Raniro, so can they really do that? They may not be able to put their hands on the Emperor, or their family and daughter, Sylvia, though I, the person who is the culprit of everything based on their standards…?

As a last resort, they may try to take me to the next world together.

So, what’s the point of setting a rule that prey couldn’t kill a hunter?

‘Honestly, if I were here, I would make the empress my companion in the afterlife as well.’

There was no way Raniero, who is much smarter than me, couldn’t have known what I noticed. Even though he knew everything, he still arranged this rule because ‘I thought it would be fun.’

If I’m unlucky, I’ll die, and if I’m lucky, I’ll be chased badly by the prey…

After all, the life and dignity of the Empress are not at all important to him. In the first place, the Empress hardly contributes to the authority of the Actilus Imperial Family, so whether I collapse or not…

‘But, I only have one life… and I won’t die like this!’

Still, I was pondering all this with tears internally.

If I were to die, I always thought it would be because I touched Raniero the wrong way, and my neck would fly away. Even though I liked Raniero subtly, I didn’t know that the danger of death would come this soon.

“I want you to show me a good performance.”

Raniero seems to have a caring voice when he speaks to me. He then kissed my forehead lightly and whispered.

“I’m looking forward to it.”

“…Wi, with all due respect, when is the hunt? I haven’t heard of the date—”

“Oh, I forgot to mention that.”

Raniero laughed as he combed my hair with his fingertips.

“It will be during the summer solstice. You’re going to be very busy.”