77

The Actilus army prepared to leave as soon as the snow stopped. While the weather was clear, the piled-up snow hadn’t yet melted, so it was clear that the returning army would undoubtedly have to navigate through the snow.

Even though the conditions were unfavorable, the Emperor and the knight commander had no choice but to make a decision. Regardless, there seemed to be no significant advantage in staying in the harsh environment of the temple of Tunia for long, so it would be better to rely on the superior physical condition of the Actilus people and return.

In the end, the Actilus army gathered the supplies they needed for their retreat from the temple of Tunia.

It was, in essence, a form of pillaging.

Cries could be heard here and there.

The priests’ hearts sank. They clung to the soldiers, begging for mercy, but were pushed away.

Despite the paladins stepping forward to intervene, with only a little over a hundred of them, they were outnumbered when facing the ten thousand knights. At the same time, curses against the God of Tunia emerged among the worshippers. They believed that the situation had arisen because of the oracle given to the Saint by the God of Tunia. It didn’t occur to them that even without the oracle, the temple couldn’t have rejected them.

Or perhaps they simply wanted to turn away from all the reasons.

As Raniero gazed expressionlessly at the chaos unfolding at the entrance of the temple, at that moment, a voice with a very clear tone came from behind. It was a woman’s voice.

“God Actilla’s Godson.”

He turned around.

She was a woman with long, black hair braided down. While she was dressed casually, as a member of the temple of Tunia, she was tall, graceful and had a dignified presence.

As she kept her head down, Raniero blinked his eyes and asked.

“Ah, are you the Saint?”

It was a voice without any emotion.

Seraphina raised her head cautiously. Her beauty was fully revealed under the sunlight.

To Raniero Actilus, that face…

It looked extremely vague and blurry.

˚ ・: * ✧ * :・ ˚

After hearing Raniero’s voice in the prayer room, I had no intention of leaving Seraphina’s bedroom. Strangely enough, Seraphina had never returned here once.

Did she still not meet Raniero?

I was so curious, but I didn’t have the courage to go and find out.

I was afraid I might come across Raniero, who was wandering around the temple of Tunia without any regard for etiquette. At that moment, if Eden hadn’t sensed something and quickly closed the door, who knew what might have happened?