Slytherin vs. Gryffindor!

"I bet this has to do with Malfoy." Ron Weasley muttered as he, Harry, and Hermione discussed something. Ariella quirked an eyebrow at his remark. She didn't know what their conversation pertained to, but if it included any Malfoy, then she didn't want Harry near it.

"Mr. Weasley, can you tell me when Gringotts was established?" She asked to distract the trio. The rest of the class turned to the redheaded boy. His freckled cheeks flamed as his eyes grew wide in surprise.

"Gringotts?" He asked as Ariella nodded.

"Yes. When was it established?" She reinerated. Ron fidgetted under her gaze as he looked to Hermione out of the corner of his eye.

"Uhh... 1865?" He answered uncertainly. Ariella sighed before smiling.

"Partially correct, Mr. Weasley. No one know the exact date of Gringott's establishment, but it was given back to the goblins in 1865." She informed the class as she moved across the room gracefully. All of her students watched her in awe.

"Now does anyone know when was the only time after 1865 that goblins lost control of Gringotts?" Ariella turned to face her entire class and watch the uncertainty pass acrosss their features. Hermione slowly raised her hand to answer. Ariella smiled before nodding toward her.

"Yes, Ms. Grainger?"

"In the 1970s, Professor." She answered.

"That's correct. 10 points for Gryffindor. Yes, during the first Wizarding War, the goblins lost control of Gringotts and the Ministry controlled the bank. After the fall of the Dark Lord, the bank was returned to the Goblins." The information appeared on the blackboard and Ariella heard frantic quills scratching the surface of parchment. She smiled when she found she had sufficiently distracted the trio. Harry raised his hand and Ariella's smiled faltered.

"Yes, Mr. Potter?"

"I was wondering...." Harry paused as Ariella quirked an eyebrow.

"Do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets, Professor?" He asked as Ariella's entire body tensed. Her smile fell and she quickly replaced it with a frown.

"Yes, I do." She answered. Harry fidgetted under her gaze as Hermione raised her hand.

"Miss Grainger?"

"Can you tell us anything about it?" Hermione questioned as the entire class now sat enraptured. Ariella sighed.

"Why in Merlin's name would you want to know about the Chamber of Secrets? It is nothing but a dangerous rumor that 12 year olds should not be concerned with." She replied curtly. She watched Harry frown.

"So does it exist?"

"No. It's never been found."

"So what's so dangerous about it?"

"People have died looking for the Chamber."

"So it exists?"

"No." Ariella was silently glad when the bell rung. Her second years filed out in a run as Ariella gathered all of her notes.

"Cross."

"Snape. To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you?" Ariella scowled before sighing and turning to Severus with an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry. My class was extremely curious about this whole Chamber of Secrets. I'm just frustrated. What can I do for you?" She apologized as Severus stared at her for a moment before smirking.

"Did you forget what today was?" He asked with a quirked eyebrow as Ariella looked quizzical before gasping in excitement.

"The quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor! Of course! Thank you for reminding me! Well, come on!" She dashed across the room and practically shoved Severus out of the classroom.