Epilogue (Guess What, Snape?!)

"I'm gonna miss Hogwarts," Ariella mentioned as she sat in Albus's office after the students had all left to return home for the summer. She had said good-bye to Harry and the Weasleys and Hermione with heartfelt hugs and promises to visit. She knew all too well that Harry couldn't stay with her until Voldemort was defeated indefinitely. Albus smiled as he leaned forward on his elbows.

"Indeed, are you leaving?" He asked as Ariella smiled at him.

"I thought this was temporary. After all, Professor Binns should be all healed up by now." She answered as Albus shook his head.

"It seems retirement has agreed with him. I asked you here to offer you a full-time, permanent teaching position, Ariella," He remarked as Ariella's eyes widened. Her face lit up in a wide grin as she nodded enthusiastically.

"Of course, Albus!" She replied as Albus chuckled and nodded.

"I'm glad. You're free to leave if you wish." He announced as Ariella climbed to her feet, hugged him, and practically bounced out of his office. She squealed as she ran through the halls like she used to when she was a teenager. And just like when she was a teenager, she wasn't paying attention until she ran into a solid mass. Strong arms kept her from falling back as dark eyes glared at her.

"Cross," Snape drawled as Ariella smiled at him.

"Hey Snark! Guess what?" She asked with a wild grin as Severus quirked an eyebrow at her happiness. It was no doubt connected with her upcoming departure from the school. She was probably going to go back to the Auror department and enjoy chasing bad guys. He scowled at the thought. Then he scowled at himself for feeling melancholy about the whole situation.

"Snark! Are you listening to me? Albus just offered me a permanent teaching position here! Isn't it great?" She grinned as Severus stared at her in shock.

"What?" Was all he could stutter as Ariella smirked.

"Yep! That means you're stuck with me for a long time!" She announced as Severus felt his heart trill at the news. He smirked.

"Hmph, you'll quit." He replied as he started to walk away.

"Ha! In your dreams!" Ariella called after him as she smiled softly.

"In your dreams," She repeated quietly as she turned to go tell Minerva of her return in the fall.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Are you going anywhere special for the summer, dear?" Pomona sprout asked Ariella as the staff sat the last meal of the year. Hagrid grinned from his place down the table as he listened to Ariella.

"No. I think I'll just go home. Obviously, I'll have time to actually prepare lesson plans for next year!" She answered with a smile as the older professor smiled in return and nodded.

"I think you did well under the circumstances," Minerva commented as Snape scowled.

"It's too bad Professor Lockhart's in St. Mungo," Madam Hooch remarked as Ariella shook her head.

"Is it wrong that I'm glad he's gone? He's been nothing but a pain in the arse since he got here," She responded sheepishly. Hagrid guffawed as he roughly agreed with her. Pomona and Poppy chuckled before nodding their heads. Minerva smiled softy.

"And your marriage?" Severus frowned as the older women turned to Ariella expectantly at the mention of the faux nuptials.

"Ended with good graces. Isn't that right, Snark?" Ariella grinned as she turned to Snape. He frowned.

"Relatively," he drawled as she smiled.

"Relatively's definitely better than hardly!" She commented as the older women chuckled at the interaction. Somehow Snape felt they were giddy to watch the two younger professors confess their feelings toward one another.

"Hmph," Snape scoffed as he turned his attention away from the blonde woman. Ariella shrugged before turning to Albus.

"Do you think Hogwarts needs some more suits of armor?" She questioned flippantly as Albus chuckled.

"I don't believe so," he responded jovially as Ariella sighed in defeat.

"Ah, well, couldn't hurt to try! I swear, my house has too many of the damned things," She announced as Minerva laughed from beside her.

"Why don't you shrink them and bring them? After all, you could simply enlarge them when you need a good punishment," She offered as Ariella's face lit up in a bright grin.

"You know what, Minerva? That's not a bad idea! Thanks," She replied as Severus scoffed from her other side.

"Absurd."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY!  You've reached the end of Serendipity [Book 1]! Thank you so much for joining this magical journey with me!  

Just so you know, the fun doesn't stop here! If you love Ariella and can't get enough of her and Snape, head on over to the completed sequel: Serendipity [Book 2]!  

Check it out at: http://www.wattpad.com/story/416604-serendipity-book-2