Lockhart's BIG Move [Pt.1]

"I hate you." Ariella whispered as she pulled away.

"I hate the way you make me feel. How you talk to me. How you always show up when I need you to and how you're there when I don't need you. I hate how much...I...respect you." Ariella mumbled lowly as she pushed herself away from Snape's chest. She couldn't think straight when he was that close, when he was being all noble and manly.

"You respect me?" Severus repeated in shock as he stared at her. Ariella nodded slowly.

"Not that you'd ever respect me, but I just...ugh."

Kill the Mudblood, Kill the Mudblood. Ariella collapsed to her knees as a sharp burning pain spread through her body.

Kill the Mudblood, Kill it! Severus stared at her for a second before he fell to his knees beside her.

"Cross, what's wrong? Cross! Ariella!" As he shouted her name, she fell into his chest, trembling.

"Severus..." She whispered as she clutched his robe in her white knuckled fists.

Severus, Ariella come to my office. Immediately. Albus's voice resounded in the small space around them and Ariella let out heavy breaths to calm herself. Snape tensed before frowning.

"That pain...it corresponds with the attacks doesn't it?" He asked warily. Ariella nodded weakly. As she looked up, Snape glared at her.

"Are you alright?" Again she nodded weakly. Severus helped her to her feet. She stumbled but quickly regained her balance. Severus stood solid as he brushed her gold curls away from her eyes.

"Stay here. Rest,” he ordered as she shook her head.

“No! Albus said both of us!” She argued as Severus shook his head.

“Stay here. Rest. I will go see what Albus wants and I will come back and tell you. Don’t argue with me, Cross.” His tone was final and hard. Ariella sighed before conceding. She easily collapsed into the plush chair that sat in front of his desk and Severus smirked before disappearing out of the room. Ariella’s eyes flitted from one wall to another as she studied the Potion Master’s office. He had changed it drastically from what she remembered it to be. Slughorn had kept the office cheery and neat. Snape had managed to make Ariella hate the dungeons even more than she had with the darkness he styled with. Parchment rolls and books were scattered everywhere. She had always thought that he was neat, but she had assumed wrong. She searched for something that could help her understand the mystery around her faux husband, but found nothing. He didn’t have any pictures or portraits, no flags or banners.

"Does he even have a life outside of this place?" She mumbled to herself as she closed her eyes.

______________________________________________________________________

"Where is Miss Ella?" Albus asked as he studied Severus from behind his half-moon spectacles. Severus shook his head.

"She wasn't feeling well." He replied as Albus nodded his head in understanding.

"I had hoped to talk to both of you at the same time, but it seems it can't be helped. I fear my position here is being questioned." Albus announced as Severus frowned.

"By who?" He growled as Severus chuckled.

"By everyone, it seems. I'm not protecting the students as I should," Albus answered as Severus clenched his fists at his sides.

"That's absurd!" Severus's voice rose and his rose echoed in the circular room. Albus chuckled as he climbed to his feet.

"Yes, it is. However, it can't be helped. I want you and Ariella to help Minerva once I'm gone. There will be more attacks, Severus. I believe Ariella is doing all she can to catch the culprit. She has knowledge of this school very few possess." Albus's voice was calm and jovial as Severus stopped.