Chapter 4: Life Lessons

You felt bitter, but took Sans's words as truth. You missed your adventures in the underground very much, but there was no point in making more anxiety in your parental figures. A small part of rage was growing inside you, you were so determined to get back to the underground, but life isn't always fair, especially for a nine year old child such as yourself.

You sat up in your chair, sulking. You expected a really good lunch, not another plate of spaghetti. You had grown to dislike spaghetti due to Papyrus's cooking, but you still wanted to make him happy by eating it. Sans was snoring on the sofa like usual, and Papyrus was trying out new spaghetti combos. You tip toed over to the sleeping skeleton and poked his boney cheek.
"Hm? Oh, hey, Frisk!" Said Sans tiredly.
"Sans...Why can't we go back to the underground?" You said, pleading him with your puppy eyes. Sans sighed deeply before answering.
"I know that you miss our old place. But, we're livin' here with other monsters and humans now. Even though not everyone is happy with us monsters 'invading' their town, I'm so happy that you freed us."
You smiled as a happy tear dripped down your cheek.
"I-I'm sorry, Sans. I just hate how the other humans hate you without even getting to know you!"
"Kid, you can't help everyone. Some things are unfair and that's that. It's not your fault the other humans aren't fond of us, but that's their problem, not yours. You're a good kid, Frisk," Sans said, ruffling your hair.

It was an unexpected surprise for Sans to actually get up for once, but it was nice to know his genuine side. It was nice to have a lazy Saturday, but you missed Asriel more often than usual. A brilliant idea sparked in your head; you were going to make a mini art gallery out of your chalk drawings. You had drawings of Sans, Papyrus, Mettaton, Muffet, MK (Monster Kid), Alphys, practically everyone in the underground! You wanted to share your true love with them, but you've never been very good with words so gifts and such would your way of showing affection.

You started with your oldest drawings, ones you made in the underground. You loved to keep small things like that to look back on in the future. No one at the orphanage really appreciated your way of showing affection. You gingerly grabbed a stapler from Toriel's house, waving at Kris on your way out, and stapled your favourite drawings, new and old, on your bedroom walls. You heard footsteps approaching your room. You quickly sped up to the door.
"Hey, uh-, Don't come in here yet!" You said, nervously laughing.

You were finally done. You called out to Sans and Papyrus. You were going to call Mettaton, but you remembered he's filming his show right now. You called everyone you could remember. Soon, your house porch was surrounded by monsters. To Sans's unfortunate surprise, he thought he was having to face an angry mob, questioning what you had done to upset these people. You assured him that nothing was wrong and that everyone was here for something positive.

You lead everyone upstairs into your room as everyone accidently pushed and shoved and was squished in between each other. You proudly spread you arm out, signalling them to look at your bedroom walls. Everyone gazed on awe as they curiously flicked through the pages of drawings, stuck to the wall with tape and staples.
"This is wonderful, human Frisk! You didn't tell me that you were such an artist!" Papyrus said, excitedly pointing to the drawing of him with massive muscles. He embraced you with a big squeezy hug and continued soon to fulfill his duties with Undyne, keeping the town crime-free.