Chapter 6: A Dream?

A sharp pain pulsated through your head as you tried to open your tired eyes.
"Do not move, my child. Your head will get worse," A soft voice said. As you turned your head to see whoever was talking to you, you gazed upon your favourite fluffy goat mama, Toriel. You wanted to jump up and hug her but the entirety of your body panged with pain so you had no choice but to lay there like a sad animal. Blood trickled from your forehead. You groaned tiredly as you tried to get up, but Toriel would not allow it.
"I found you on the corner of the roadside. You were so very hurt, I couldn't bear to just leave you on the ground." Toriel said with a concerned tone.
"I was in a blank world..." You said, hoping you'd sound more sane than you actually did.
"Blank world? Are you sure that wasn't a dream, my child?" Asked Toriel. You shifted uncomfortably on the sofa, trying to heave yourself up.
"It wasn't a dream, Mama!" You shout.
"Come on, dear. There's no need to shout. Please just try and relax, we don't want you getting hurt more than you already have been." Toriel replies, tending to the last of your wounds. You signed a quiet sorry and relaxed your body as Toriel did what she needed to do.
"I...heard a voice, Mama. A familiar one. But, when I looked to see who it was, no one was there! Maybe it was a dream," You say, trying not to sound like a lunatic.

After a while of laying on the sofa and listening to Toriel's snail facts and stories, a familiar face walked into the house; an androgynous teenager with golden brown skin, wearing a green and yellow striped hoodie lazily strolled into the room. With one lazy flick of the arm as a half-completed wave, they looked at you with their glowing red eyes through their fluffy brown hair.
"Oh, hello, Kris!" Toriel said, jumping off the sofa in joy. As Toriel hoisted you off the sofa with the help of her holding your hands, she happily trotted over to the teenager you now assumed was Kris. Then, a thought popped in your head; "Do Sans and Papyrus know where I am?" You tug on Toriel's clothes to get her attention.
"Yes, Frisk?" She said, wiping off moss from Kris's hoodie.
"Does Sans and Papy know that I'm here, Mama?" You asked, looking at the ground waiting to be scolded. In the orphanage, you would've been scolded for any question you asked due to everyone thinking anything you said was stupid due to being autistic.
"Of course, dear! I texted them a little while ago...You must've sleep walked out onto the road. Has this ever happened before?" Toriel replied, bending down to your height. You thought for a minute.
"No, I don't think so," You reply, pacing a little bit to think harder. You had no idea that you even exited your room. The whole thing was just so confusing, but you're glad you didn't actually die.

A couple hours pass and you have lots of fun with Toriel and Kris. You try to bake a butterscotch cinnamon pie, talk about Kris's interests, until you eventually got sleepy. You still wondered if Sans and Papyrus were worried about you. But, in reality, you probabaly just assumed that Sans was snoring on the sofa, and Papyrus was working on his puzzles and rearranging his action figures. You thought about the strange voice you heard in your "dream". So many questions flooded your mind, but you just tried to let yourself relax.