Chapter 7: Bones

Toriel drove you back to your house. You were right about your assumptions on what Sans and Papyrus were doing. You had some free time before going to school due to waking up a little earlier. You shuffled next to Sans on the sofa.
"Sans?" You said, looking down slightly.
"Yeah, kid?" Sans replied, barely awake.
"You have powers, right?" You continue, fiddling with your fingers as the words came out of your mouth.
"Yeah, I do. Why you askin'?" The lazy skeleton said as his body tensed up a little.
"Can I see?" You looked into his eye sockets with a pleading look in your eyes. He gave in and with a flick of his boney fingers, a bone hovered in the air. You go silent for a minute. You started to remember; remember the other routes you took whilst you were in the underground. You shuddered slightly as you invisioned yourself in the Judgement Hall, hands stained in your dear friends blood, or perhaps, ketchup? Regardless of what he bled, you still felt very guilty about it. You shuffled away from Sans and walked slowly upstairs to your room.
"I don't wanna go to school today..." You say. Papyrus was in the kitchen doing what he usually does. He heard the two talking and was now in confusion.
"Maybe your magic scared the human, Sans?" He says, folding up his cooking apron. Sans gave a simple lazy grunt and fell fast asleep within seconds.

You kept to yourself in your room for a little bit, so you drew some pictures. You drew Flowey and Sans dancing around being buddies. An unlikely occurrence, but one you always hoped for, even though Flowey was Asriel now. Though, they still have a bit of tension when they meet up. You decide to take a deep breath and not torture yourself anymore with remembering past things like no mercy routes or other things you regret. Living on the surface meant a fresh start for everyone. You decided to put the mysterious necklace that you found on, and confidently made your way back down stairs to go to school.
"Bye, Sans! Bye Papyrus!" You chanted as you walked through the door, heading to school.

You were still thinking about that odd dream you had. Or, was it even a dream? A vision? A lost memory? You have no idea, but it stuck in your head for quite some time. But, on a lighter note, you were very happy to see Kris again and get to know them more. You were so happy to trot back to school and say hi to everyone on the way. But, something still didn't feel quite right...