23: The lion tamer and her small cat

You were glad to wake up next to Gojo Satoru in the following days.

For once, you were able to sigh in contentment when you realized he was still stationed next to you, snoring with his stomach pressed against the mattress. Normally he would be up, either getting ready for the day or standing with his hands on his hips looking out the window. He said he enjoyed thinking about absolutely nothing during that time.

"What do you mean thinking about nothing?"

"Uh, what I said. I let my mind cool...cool as a mountain hare."

Instead, he was sleeping peacefully, no doubt with drool all over Haibara's poor pillows. You looked at him for a moment before your arm slipped out from under the sheets to gently rub his shoulder. Satoru jumped before choking on his last snore, body jolting before realizing it was you touching him. He also said he was not to oversleep.

"If I ever wake up after you, just know I am in my last days."

"I do not think that is a tell of your imminent death, my husband."

"Make sure to wake me in any case."

You giggled at his shock and he rolled his eyes before fully blinking himself awake. "You scared me half to death."

"I'm sorry," you said, "did you get good rest?"

"I did..." he replied through a yawn, and watched you take the opportunity to stare at him in the morning light. Satoru knew he was a sight to behold: messed hair and droopy eyes, awake in the nude after last night's excursions. He looked at you, too. Still on his front side, he looked at you who was almost gazing at him with...happiness? Yearning? "You are just so damn pretty." he laughed out, groaning out a tired sound after he finished the words.

You did not reply, only let your eyes drift over him. Over his beautiful body which was covered by blankets up to the middle of his back.

"Do you run cold?" you murmured.

"Mhmm," he hummed, "do you?"

"Maybe."

"Well, you know what they say," rolling over onto his side, Satoru wore a tickled grin before lifting up the blankets, "two naked people warm each other up quickly."

"Who said that?"

"Me."

The eye roll you did after that was otherworldly, but you went into Satoru's arms without a second thought. How could you possibly deny him? He was welcoming. With a hand around your back and his other arm propping himself up against the pillows, Gojo Satoru was as always, the embodiment of the god of beauty before your very eyes. The feeling of his skin pressed up against yours was addicting. You were sure you'd never tire of it.

You were smiling, letting your eyes follow every inch of his skin, every dip and curve and scar marking him. As always, the long, wide scar ran its way down the length of his abdomen and you set your fingers on the beginning of it, on the base of his neck with a little sigh.

"Curious to know what happened there?" he asked.

Lips pursing, you allowed your fingers to drift down a little bit down his chest before curling them back into your own chest. "Not if it brings bad memories."

"Oh, on the contrary! I was enlightened that day." his grin was sparkling and you scoffed.

"I have wanted to know but, my husband, I am not eager to hear of you being harmed this way."

"Well, If you ever wanna know, I'll tell you."

You nodded, placing a small kiss on his smiling lips.