26: Megumi's bad attitude

"Go away!" Utahime snapped, and Satoru frowned. "You've been with that Kamo girl the whole time, so you should leave until I can stand to see your face again." Her words were sharp as always.

"I haven't been seeing her, Utahime. I told you that already."

"You expect us to believe that?" Shoko asked.

"Naoya lied to her!"

"We knew something like this would happen." Utahime ignored it.

"What do you mean?"

"Your past always catches up to you," Shoko told him, arms crossed as she leaned against the wall, "how anyone found out is beyond me."

"That whore probably opened her mouth a little too much." Satoru cursed under his breath.

Currently: two women, a silent Suguru, and a worried husband were situated outside of your chambers in which you slept. Workers had been in and out all night but your appointed doctor, Jun, and Kugisaki were constantly at your bedside. He'd already been told off by his father that came to his estate the moment the letter was sent, and now his three friends were looking at him like he was a wanted criminal. Even Nanami visited you and ignored him.

"Let me guess, she was always good at it, huh?" Suguru spat at him. With a short staring match shared between the two friends, Satoru said nothing. It felt like he was grieving.

"It doesn't matter how it spread to Naoya," Utahime said, hand preparing to open the door, "she needs time to heal and rest. Away from you."

"I'm her husband."

"A bad one." Shoko snorted.

"Go to hell!" Satoru shot back. Anger was now replacing his sadness.

"Gojo. The stress nearly lost you the babies."

"Yes," Shoko slid open the door and stepped halfway inside, "give at least a week of solitude. Babies and mothers are fragile."

"Why do you guys keep saying babies? As in more than one?"

Shoko shrugged. "She looks a little bigger than normal for three ish months."

Utahime slipped inside and once the door was shut again, Gojo Satoru scoffed to himself. Yuji was scampering down the hallway, avoiding his Lord's gaze and also went inside the room. With a clenched jaw and heavy heart, Satoru was forced to slide down and sit against the wall and wait for a week.

--

You were shaken awake the next sunrise, and upon blinking yourself to consciousness after a full day, you were confused to see two teenagers, three anxious women, and a stout man staring at you. You were unable to recall very much, but your husband's shocked face was in the back of your mind. He haunted you. But turning up to smile weakly at Itadori and Kugisaki, they looked a little nervous.

"Good morning." you chuckled.

"Oh my goodness," Utahime sighed in relief along with everyone else. Happy smiles filled your vision as you sat up. "We were so worried."

You were deep into your chambers, candles and the scent of herbs filling your nose and leaving a certain ambience in the room.

"What do you remember?"

You racked your brain to answer the short man with glasses on his face, but all you seemed to recollect was your husband's shock and hurt, your crying and strong arms holding you close and...the Kamo woman. Your eyes widened and you ripped the thick blanket off of your legs and torso. With quick breaths, your eyes were searching your bare legs for any trace of your child's life draining still, but they were clean.