31: Pathetic and entirely manly

"Hey, Nanamin!"

"What?"

"Did you know that my wife is totally in love with me? And that I love her too?" he egged on for the nth time that day. Nanami only sighed and shot a look to Haibara who was chuckling behind his hand. "And that she says it every night before I go to bed? And--"

"I think he knows." you interrupted gently from behind him. He had immediately turned around and jumped up to go bombard you in a hug, leaving the two men plus Suguru to laugh quietly at him. It was two days until the new year, and since the fief's mourning period celebrating the life of the past daimyo had ended, all Satoru wanted was for his friends to come over. Even Nanami closed his store down and Haibara left the ryokan to fulfill his wishes.

"You've kinda been saying that all day, Satoru." Suguru laughed as he sipped his drink.

"You never shut up anyway," Shoko remarked, "I'm absolutely shocked you aren't shutting up about this, either."

"Silence," Satoru said dramatically. He had stood behind you with his hands on your shoulders and speaking obnoxiously to the people before him. "Let me be happy!"

"You can be happy, you just need to shut up sometimes."

"You shut up, Shoko!"

"Gotcha!" Haibara exclaimed.

"Okay," you ducked away from Satoru with a smile and held his hands in your own, "settle down. I'm sure your friends have other things they want to talk about."

"But I love you!"

"Satoru--"

"All I want to talk about is you!"

"They aren't here for me!"

"I am."

"Utahime, not helping."

You frowned at your pouting husband, pulling him back towards his seat. "Everyone else is here for you! Now, I'm going to go with Utahime to the stables. She wants to meet Makoto."

"What?! You're leaving?"

"To the stables," the woman in question growled, "not indefinitely."

"Yuck! Why are you going with Utahime?" he teased.

"Because she wants to be away from you."

"No y/n!" he whined, "I have to be in the same room as you or I can't breathe. I'm serious, Shoko!"

"Why're you talking like it's an actual medical condition?"

"Because it is!"

Everyone fell quiet. Clingy Gojo Satoru was a sight to be hold. He was pathetic and entirely manly. The epitome of masculinity. "Satoru..." you mumbled. He's incredible, he's on his knees with his hands holding onto your own. Shoko and Haibara are laughing at him. You're red in the face and the teenagers are cringing, Jun is pretending to not see it, Utahime and Nanami are dumbfounded, and Suguru is taking out the pack of smokes from Shoko's coat pocket.

"I'm serious!" he plead again.

"You can't be serious..." Kugisaki mumbled.

"Gojo-sensei is dependent!" Itadori laughed. Everyone laughed, and when he took the moment to defend himself, you and Utahime slipped away without a word.

"He has been doing that for days!" you laughed when you stepped outside, arm in arm as your feet stepped on the dead, brown grass.

"He's insufferable," Utahime and Jun said at the same time, and then you spun around with a smile to see your lady following with annoyance written all over her face. "Are you a mind reader?"