Two

The event of this season had finally come

The event of this season had finally come. Every presents and dishes were ready. The house was decorated from head to toe. Each thing embellished the other. Everyone envied those who were lucky enough to receive an invitation. They had to wait until the next day to hear all the gossip that had been told during the festivities. Cecelia was a well-known Victor in District 8 because she had used her strategic skills to eliminate each Tributes one by one with her methodical calculations. Everyone admired her intelligence and called her the strategist of District 8. Now that she was starting a family, everyone wanted to thank her for her dedication by buying gifts that were beyond their reach.

While the final arrangements were being made in the house next door, Aria looked in the mirror in her room. Her grandmother had made her a pale green dress. Her hair reflected better in the colour as she debated whether to tie it up or not. Her hair had grown back and now reached her shoulders from time to time. A rubber band was put on her fingers to make two braids and as she looked in the mirror again, Dalia was looking at her with a knife in her chest. She gasped in terror.

"Why did you do this? Why are you alive and I'm not? Please help me, I want to see my family again too." Tears were flooding down her cheeks as she pleaded.

"Stop coming back, you know how sorry I am. I've had enough."

"You had enough? Remember who's dead, don't forget to smile at the baby shower. Smile because another kid will be kill the same way as me." Dalia smirked at her while blood flowed from her eyes.

"Stop!" Her hands reached her head as her eyes shut down. She hated it. They always came back for her, making her regret her choices and telling her what a nobody she was. Aria told them that they were liars, but the more they came the more she thought they were right.

*

The baby shower was perfect.

Everyone seemed to have fun, music could be hear and the floor never make that much of noise as traditional District 8 dances were showed. Cecelia had never smile so much, Aria thought her jaw will hurt after. The food was astonishing, she finally ate duck for the first time in her life. It wasn't the best meal, still she was happy to know the flavour.

She tried to be happy like the others, however, she felt guilty. Jacob should have been here. He was so young, so gentle and he died. Fate decided that she will breathe another day while he stood in a cemetery not too far. She wasn't able to meet his parents, to look straight in their eyes and apologize for living. It wouldn't bring him back, it will never bring them back. There was only one person who wasn't in the mood of festivity like her, Kit Wright aka Woof ( for his character).

He had been looking at her since she arrived. He greeted her when she move in at the Victor's village, however, they never converted after.

"Can you stop staring at me, please?"

"You liked when the girl from two stared at you?" His old dark laugh escaped from his mouth as she looked at him confused and annoyed. "Don't worry, I know she broke your heart. I won't make jokes about her anymore. I would ask you how are you, but I know you are not good. In any possible way."

He was reading her like an open book. Aria bit her tongue, he never talked to anyone beside himself. He was the old grumpy Victor that no one wanted to talk about. Rumors said that once he barked at a group of teenagers for coming to the Victor's village because they weren't one which created his nickname Woof.

"What do you wa-"

"For the first time in a while, I liked watching the Hunger games. They were different, fresh air could be smell. I hope you miss her because the future needs more of you. They need more of you." With that he gave her his roughly smile before saying goodbye to Cecelia and leaving like his task of the day was complete.

The redhead stood dumbfounded with the conversation she just had.