Seven

Clove and Aria were on the podium, holding hands, waiting their turn to speak. The mayor was giving an introductory speech as if no one knew who they already were. Aria looked around, it was a real change of scene. She didn't live in luxury, but here she was beginning to doubt whether luxury even existed here. Life must have been extremely hard.

The mayor finished his speech with a round of applause. Clove looked at her partner to see if she was ready and the redhead just nodded. They had decided that Clove would speak, because Aria couldn't smile in front of Peeta and Katniss's families. A little girl was on the platform with her mother. You could see her watery eyes from here. I need to do something.

Clove was about to talk when Aria passed in front to talk first. She needed to.

"Peeta and Katniss were incredible people. Peeta was my ally and I will forever be grateful for it. He was too kind for the horror he witnessed. I tried to save him, but I couldn't. I wasn't able to save my ally and now he is dead and I will never forget myself for it. I didn't know Katniss like I did with Peeta, yet I knew she was something to never be forgotten. The first time I saw her, there was fire in her eyes, she had something thar others didn't. The sparks in her eyes were powerful and special. Her actions were brave and I will take her bravery with me. Peeta Mellark, Katniss Everdeen and all the Tributes who died for us to live should never be forgotten and..and I will do my best for them to be remember by everyone."

Aria didn't know why she said this. She felt better than never and at ease with herself. Clove deeply stared at her before looking at the public and doing something that will shock Panem for years. Three fingers were raised in the air as she did the salute sign. District 12 soon did the same and in the crowd she saw a boy with deep blue eyes and brown hair looking at her as if he knew her. He mouthed'thank you'. Who was he? Did he know Katniss or Peeta? Later on, the two were back in the train and Wright couldn't stop laughing.

"You two are full of divertissement. Did you see what happen outside? Hope, that's what everyone felt."

"Don't give them ideas, Woof. You know damn well they are playing with fire and someone will burn."Enobaria snapped at him and giving him a death glare.

"Don't try to scare me with your little fangs of yours. Time has changed and those two are the key to it."

"How can you say something like that? More here, for their safety they needed to stay with the speeches Petunia and Croft wrote."

With that, she called Brutus and Clove for a "District 2 aka career's reunion" making Wright scoffed. He really did hate this place.

"Old man, was it wrong? I shouldn't have talk be-"

"Don't ever let them shut you down. You have a voice, so let them hear it and if they don't want to they will go away. That's my advice of today. Now go rest yourself, next stop is eleven and I know this one will be hard on you."

District 11. Rue.

Waking up was hard, but to stood in front of everyone was harder. Rue' siblings stared at her with sadness and grief. She took at deep breath.

"I didn't know Tresh and I am sure he was glorious person. Rue, she was my ally. She was so young, too young. I am sorry I was not able to protect her from, from everything she witnessed during the time we were together. I see her everywhere. In my dreams and also nightmares. I see her in my little sister Heidi who loves to talk as much as Rue did.

"We would like to give every months a fee for the families of Rue and Tresh for the rest of our life. I hope their lives will be honoured because they are people to not forget."Clove added.

This time, an old man did the salute sign and the rest of the district too. This time it was different. She felt a wave of hope and support. People united to show them that they believed in them. That they believed in their way of thinking. Suddenly, peacekeepers directed themselves towards the old man as they pushed him on the podium with violence.

"Let him go, he didn't do anything!" Aria screamed as peacekeepers pushed her inside the building. She tried to let herself free, but couldn't.

And then she heard a gun fired. She lost herself after that.

"No,no,no! What have I done?" Wright took her by the hands as she escalated the stairs to be alone. Along the way, she heard Enobaria screaming at Clove and the escorts's bad language. Why did they kill him? He hadn't do anything. It's all my fault.

"You are going to listen to me carefully, Aria. I heard that President Snow is not happy about your actions since the start of the tour. Your voice needs to be hear, but chose the best moments for." Wright seemed worried and measured his words. "You have to give him what he wants or he will make your life a living hell."

"It's my fault. The president, he came at my house. He said that the districts didn't believe in our love and that I have to make them believe or else he will hurt us." Clove said.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I have a family just like you, people I care about. I need to protect them." Aria was enraged. She had to protect them, she wouldn't be able to live with herself if she knew something happened because of her.

"And who will protect them huh." Enobaria said as she point the people outside from the window." No one will."

"How can I make this trip end?" Aria talked to herself.

"This isn't a simple trip, Aria. You are a Victor, a new mentor and every years you will have to get on it. This is your future." Wright said.

"It is the same for you Clove. You cannot show them once of regret. It is a honour to win the Hunger Games and show pride to your district, you cannot feel otherwise." Enobaria glared at her protégé.

It was too much at the same time.

Aria heard Petunia screaming that she had never seen this and that the train will go soon.

Her mentor signed while walking downstairs. Clove waited for Aria to follow, but looking at Enobaria made her understand that she wanted to talk to the redhead. Clove stroked her arm before heading towards the train.

"You are not meant to be with her you know that." Enobaria's words were harsh as if she was spitting venom at her.

"I care about Clove. I know you think it's not true, but I deeply do."

"Clove is a career, raises as one and will forever think as one. Do you think she save you because she deeply loves you? The first thing that went into her mind was to kill you. She doesn't need love right now. You know nothing about being a career and the expectations that come with it. You influence her actions and because of that she does things that are unforgivable for our district. They will hate her and it's my duty to protect her. What the both of you did will have consequences that you're not ready to see." Enobaria said again before leaving the redhead alone.

                                                                                     Authors note
                                                                    I truly hate the blank page syndrome  :(