Three

Hours later after the baby shower was finally over

Hours later after the baby shower was finally over. Her feet hurt from dancing. The conversation with Wright left her thoughtful. They need more of you. Why did he say that? She didn't want to do anything with his they. She wanted to stay in District 8 for the rest of her life. The world was scary outside of these walls that separate the districts. The only exception will be when she will have her tour in few weeks.The next Hunger Games will be even more horrible than it ever was.

Her family didn't come to the house, again. She hated being alone and it seemed like they didn't care. When she arrived, they were all over the place about how she was doing and how skinny she had become, now they thought she was okay when she knew she will never be okay again. The house was slowly becoming a prison and she was the first class prisoner.

Her stomach was rumbling so her feets automatically directed her to the kitchen where she ate fruits. Baies were not one of them though. As she sensed her stomach being refueling, her gaze met the letter. Should she open that wound again? What if it was of high important? Even if she had a strong dislike for the person who wrote it she didn't wish her death. A sigh was heard before she opened the envelope.

To Aria Yrwin,

I'm coming.

Clove

Her body scoffed on his own. That's all, all this toughts for this. When was she coming? Aria didn't know when the letter, well more sentence was send. Was she ready to see her again?

A knock was heard from the door, Cecelia must have come today as usual. Aria was relived to not be alone in this prison again. Her mentor was a reason why she fight to stay sane. She didn't want to find a poison like alcohol or drugs. The girl found it weird that she came even if she saw her an hour ago. The door flu opened and the usual brown hair was replace with a much more little figure.

Clove Kentwell hurt her in a way she never thought she would do even though she warned her and now she was standing in her doorway while the rain was poor in. She was wet to head to toe and her face was a little red, as if she ran. Her hazel eyes stared deep into her blue ones. She remembered this side of Clove's personality, it had almost given her butterflies in her stomach.

"I thou-"

"Are you going to let me in? I'm freezing." Aria let her in, the girl looked around like she was analyzing the new environment she was in. Clove didn't know why she had come, her mentors, Enobaria and Brutus, had bought her a ticket to District 8 because she had to make things right with the redhead before the tour. She didn't want to at first, but the look Enobaria had given her was filled with urgency as if the future depended on it.

"Why did you come, Clove?" It had been ages since she pronounced her name out loud. Her tongue tried not to miss the feeling of saying it. It was like an addiction that reappeared when you thought you got over it.

"Your hair, it grew back." She came way too close and took her once injured hand." It heeled, good." Tears flooded down Aria's cheeks.

"Stop doing this, okay. Stop caring about me like you mean it because I know you don't." She tried to forget everything, but she couldn't forget the pain she gave her.

"I am not the same person I was before the Hunger Games. Just saying the name gives me goosebumps. I-I killed so many people and I can't sleep anymore. Their deaths are hunting me and I feel guilt. Something I never thought I would feel for them. I didn't even know their names. I am here because you are still alive and I am grateful for that. You are alive and I am happy about it. I don't know what I would have done if you were also dead."

Silence.

Her heart clenched again, it was the same thing as what happened in the train. She trusted her and talk about her feelings and Aria rejected her. The redhead still looked at the career as if she was a complete stranger to her and all that happened between them was just a stupid dream. It hurt her more than the first time, Clove hated sharing her emotions because of that. Because people couldn't understand her the way she wished they would. Aria should be nothing to her, but her not responding offend her more than it should.

"You said you were cold, there's soup for you." Aria directed herself toward a wardrobe. "I'll bring you blankets and there is a bedroom for you upstairs, I will let the door open so you can know it's yours."

"Aria, I can go to the hotel."

"There's not much of a hotel here and it's pouring outside, you may catch a cold if you go back. Goodnight, Clove." The girl walked-ran- to her bedroom. Locking the door before sitting on the floor.

Clove understood Aria's pain. She really did, but she was suffering the same way as her. The redhead hurt her when Clove decided to out her feelings for her and how much she meant to her. She also broke her heart and every time her face came into her vision a knife was cutting more of her broken heart.

Cato was her person, she used to talk to him about what was going on in her mind, but since his death she was left wit no one. No one to trust and shared her thoughts. Why did he die and not me? Clove wanted to change the past and save him even if it killed her. He was everything to her. Her best friend was gone and no one can change that. She finished the soup and changed herself with the set of clothes she came with. The girl hoped tomorrow would be a better day.

Author's note

I'm so sorry! I'm currently in vacation and I totally forgot to update. I am still strongly invest in updating this story. I apologize again and wish you a happy day.