Five

People loved nice people for many reasons. When asked for a favor the word yes always escaped their lips. It was common knowledge to ever have a nice person with you so they could be your little slave while they smile for no good reason. Aria was a nice person, well she was etiquette one before her games and she wasn't sure if her soul was enough nice to still be one. Like it was said, being nice came with favor and Aria was accomplishing a favor because she was a nice person. Walking toward Woof's house, she wished she wasn't.

After knocking three times, she tried to open the door and to her surprise it was already opened. Inside, she met Wright on his couch watching some sort of Capitol movie with peanuts all over him. He was laughing as one of the actor decided to kill himself to save the Capitol. "This is ridiculous." Aria cleared her throat to show her present." Ah it's you, you're coming now that your girlfriend left." She glared at him, already annoyed.

"I came to give you grocery because the both of us know that you won't leave this house and will starve to death because of it."

He ignored her while continuing to watch his movie. Aria sighed and directed herself to the cabinet. Inside, she found perish foods. Her nostrils were mad at her for opening the cabinet because a horrible smell engulfed the room. She heard a huff when she gaged of disgust. This old man.

"You didn't even eat the grocery Cecelia gave you the last time. All of it is now expired, do you know how many people outside starve to death while you left this rot?"

"Give the food to the kids outside then. I don't need it"

"Yes you do and don't say that you don't have much time now. Even if you're an old man, you need to eat to live."

"Someone should cut that tongue of yours. It will be helpful to the society."

"And someone should cut that beard of yours, it will soon touch the floor."

He scoffed."It's not even that long, is it?" He murmured to himself while Aria cleaned his kitchen. She didn't want to help him, but Cecelia asked her too. Her pregnancy tired her more than she wished too. Wright had been her mentor and she always felt like she needed to take care of him because he did the same for her when she was younger. He wasn't always the grumpy old man of District 8, Aria heard that he did great things.

After cleaning and placing everything in order, she wanted to leave the most rapidly. He was still sitting on the couch and as he laughed again she saw for a fraction of second the loneliness he was truly living. I can stay a little bit more. Maybe he was just a lonely old man.

"I am sure the moment I go you will never open the cabinet to cook, aren't you?"

"Did you develop a superpower? Being able to read minds, that's more impressive than what you can offer."

"You are going to cook, old man."The redhead didn't let him time to bad talk like he usually did and stop the movie while taking the peanuts away. She refused to let him perish foods again. For the next hour, complaints, injures and curses heard to finally prepare a magnificent meat pie. As they cleaned the dishes Wright spoke.

"We cooked, you can go home now."

"So you won't even let me eat it? I knew you were stingy..."

"Who are you calling stingy? Kids..won't you have dinner with your family?"

"I don't really see them that often anymore...They are occupied with the store and when people hear that a Victor is there, it's unbearable." She wished that things would go back as it was. Her family was living a life where she didn't belong anymore. They always hoped to have a better life, Aria won for her love ones and she was recompense with money, jewelry and a house. A real house and they didn't want it. She felt like they were abandoning her without knowing, creating new souvenirs where she wasn't involved. Tears came as they slowly reached the sink, Woof made a strange face.

"You don't have to get all emotional to have dinner with me, go refresh yourself in the bathroom."

When she came back, the table was done.

"I don't know if you pray, but I do." Laughter escaped her mouth.

"I didn't think you were the religious type."

"You don't know much about me. Anyway, dear God, thank you for letting me laugh about the Capitol another day and please the next time you invite someone inside let them know to not disturb me by cooking when you and I both know how much I hate it...Also, protect Ginger."

"What kind of prayer is that? I'm sure you did it wrong and why are you calling me Ginger?"

"Can you stop complaining and eat? The food is getting cold."

She was about to respond when a faint smile appeared on his face. Her body relaxed as she ate with him. She was used to noises during dinner, however, she never felt more at ease to the silence of this old house.

Author's note

I don't know what's going on at the moment, but I can't stop writing. I've got this Cato Hadley story coming out soon and it's a whole new style of writing for me which I'm really enjoying.

Thanks for your comments and votes, I hope you have a lovely day.